How long till Robbie Rogers heads over...

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Sep 25, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

From the Crew BS forum

1. We aint gonna have Rogers next season

2. GBS - thus the Crew- are MASSIVE in Argy-land!

I wont be surprised if the Crew Playoff games {imagine finally being able to SAY THAT!!} get great ratings in Argentina!

- -- - - - -- -

BTW: Beckham and Gals come to Columbus on the 4th of Oct.

Wonder if Eric Clapton will be in town and if he'll invite Becks over for beers

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Hard to tell where Rogers should go, hopefully he's getting good advice.

The Clapton link was great (thanks Fog!). "I have a house in England, a house in France, a house in Columbus, and a house in Antigua"...which location seems slightly out of place :roll: To say I'm shocked that Mr. Slowhand kicks it in C-Bus is a mild understatement.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Didn't Rogers play in Holland already?

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I think he was on the books at Heerenveen, but didn't play at all.

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

He signed with Herenveen out of college but I don't think he played much there. I like Rogers game and it has improved greatly since playing with GBS.

6. pettyfog

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I've seen Pettyfog's heart-throb play a few times, and I almost think MY game would improve greatly from playing with him. GBS is not going to create talent out of nothing, but if you have something about you that will improve the team's performance, he's going to find it out on the pitch.

When the Crew are on the boil, they're as much fun to watch as anybody this side of Arsenal.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

What I find so entertaining when watching the Crew is seeing Eddie Gaven play ::gasp:: well!

9. pettyfog

Yeah... us oldtimers too. Third Year's the charm?!!!

Gor, I hope Noonan's watching every little GBS move and nuance!

Oh... props to Brian Carroll! Too often unsung, but a good dmid is the heart of the midfield.

" We would like to thank Sigi for his efforts and service but, though we are leading the West at the moment, AEG and The Galaxy feel we must take a different approach and provide more exciting and attractive football. We owe it to our fans. To that end we are hiring Steve Sampson."
    - Galaxy GM, 2003

"What the f**k is a Guillermo Barros Schelotto?"
    - 99.95 % of all Crew fans, April 2007

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i'm very impressed by the Crew and they are my fav MLS team after RSL of course. I'm glad they are good too, cuz i'll have someone to watch when we don't make the playoffs. Love Robbie and would love to see him be an off the bench guy in 2010.