How long should Suarez be banned for?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jimsig, Jun 25, 2014.

?

How long should Suarez be banned for?

1. 1 year

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. 25 matches

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 2 matches

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 18 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2 years

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

With FIFA saying the options are between 2 matches and 2 years how long do you think he should be banned for?
    I tried to add it to the other thread but didn't see an option. Let's keep the topic there though and just vote here.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Why ban him. Just make him play wearing one of these. If not then I say 1 year -everything, club and international.
    [​IMG]

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I'd say the remainder of the world cup. His biting didn't take place in a league match, and as much as I'd say he should be punished by UEFA as well, they are two separate universes.

4. tim

tim Active Member

My understanding, and it could be wrong, is that a FIFA ban would indeed carry over to club/league matches.

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Unlike some of our courts, you CAN consider past history when determining something like this. Three (3) biting incidents, a verbal racial abuse incident, various other less serious yet punishable offenses, all well documented. An appropriate punishment would be a one (1) year ban from the game at any level.