Hoogland--Ipswich was Harsh Lesson

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Aug 11, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...ning-day-defeat-to-Ipswich-was-a-harsh-lesson

"It was absolutely a case of welcome to the Championship and everyone who has not played in this league before now knows what to expect for the next 45 games," said the 29-year-old former Shalke full-back.

"We now know what we have to do to take the next step and win the next game.

"Everyone told us what to expect, the long balls, the one-on-one fights, and we got that."

Hoogland insisted the loss is a lesson learnt and he, and his new teammates, will soon be able to adjust.

He added: "I like to play this style of football but when we play our type of football, keeping possession, passing well, then teams will see how good we can be.

"We got caught out for both goals but if we play together then we have a great chance to win many more games.

"This was always a dream for me to play in England and it has come true. I love to go forward, it is what the manager wants.

"We had two or three more chances after we scored."

Despite the defeat Hoogland believes Fulham showed glimpses of their quality and the overall performance was good enough for tough taskmaster Magath.

"The manager was very good and said we were unlucky to lose the game," added the defender.

“It was absolutely a case of welcome to the Championship and everyone who has not played in this league before now knows what to expect for the next 45 games”

"He said we played well for a team that is new.

"He has a reputation for being tough but you could see in the final 10 minutes that we were the team who had the fight and the chances and we were well prepared for the games.

"That is testament to the preparation he gave us in pre-season."