HG Wells: GodFather of Progressives

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Jun 2, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The Godfather of American Liberalism

H. G. Wells: novelist, historian, authoritarian, anticapitalist, eugenicist, and advisor to presidents
    A generation of American liberals, including Walter Lippmann, Margaret Sanger, and the editors of The New Republic, regarded Wells as a visionary

A fascinating read and provides a glimpse into the thought process of modern Progressive Politics.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fascinating only if you agree with everything it says before you read it. Others might say that modern American liberalism arose in response to starving children in city slums and lynched negroes hanging from trees in the south and midwest -- all the results of unchecked states rights and vulture capitalism.

But, go ahead and find a right-wing rag to define your "enemy." This idiotic thread beginning has as its only virtue the fact that it reomoved from the "last forum posts" your heel-clicking "he's going to burn for eternity" chortling over an elderly doctor shot down while acting as an usher at his church.

"At long last, sir. Have you no decency?"

3. pettyfog

I have no idea what your first part means.. that was a straight up reference with no comment. It put together some connections I'd never made.
    And I wish you'd explain why it upsets you so much.

I have a good idea what your second part means..
    Was I chortling with glee? No. But I'm not surprised either. Anymore than I'm surprised that a little more than 24 hours later, another religious nutcase shot down a recent recruit on the street. But there's not much on that in the news is there. Nutcases will make their own motives out of fact.

One victim had taken thousands of lives, the other ... none that we know of.

That last line is summat revealing..[​IMG]

4. pettyfog

Which is why I relabeled. I can parse Liberal and Progressive.
    Perhaps. Or perhaps, if you read it again, you might see some connections to the Progressive wing of the Democrat Party.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sigh; let me get this straight. Keith Olbermann encited people to go out and shoot recruits to the military? Nice photo-shopping [aka lying] by the way on the photograph.

Oh, please, Mr. Linkman, post the link. I want to see the video of him doing this, and I want to see the statement from the killer -- or his umbrella organization -- that routinely encourages violence against military recruits.

And if it needed saying, I resent the implication that because I'm not cheering over the murder of a doctor, I MUST be cheering over the murder of a military member.

Awaiting the links for my edification. I'm saying no more on this thread except to re-iterate: "At long last, sir. Have you no decency?"

6. pettyfog

He wasnt a doctor.. Why cant you admit what he was?

KO has been railing over WAR, etc every bit as much as any RW, incl O'reilly, over Anti-Abortion.
    But I guess I have to draw it out in heavy MARKER. There is and should be NO connection between views of any act and someone's murder motivations. So tell me this, why are the Liberal media drawing a connection for the abortionists murder and not for the Muslim Converts murder of a soldier?

You're the one who threw the rant, not me.

I suggest you go back and read my original post. And BTW, what is the connection between 'Progressive Thought' and the murder of a late term elective abortionist?
    And why are you seeming to take it personally?