Here's an Idea..No Tips!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 28, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

The Starbucks Tip crisis is spreading

There's no clear demarcation, here. I'm loath to tip ANYONE at a place where I have to stand in line for service at a counter. But the case can be made that the coffee is a 'creation', not just 'dispensed'.

And the shift supervisors are NOT management. They perform all duties that the baristas do. If they spend more than 1/2 the shift doing paperwork that's another thing. Somehow I doubt it. And if they dont, then their work contributes to the production of the product sold. Therefore, just as the cooks and bussers in a restaurant, they deserve a share.

This is another case of our litigious society having unintended results. The decision should be thrown out.

At McD's I usually tip Ronald a few cents.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

RE: ..no tips

Yeah - as a former waiter, CA is just being stupid. I've been a head waiter in a tip pooling situation - I received an even share even though I was also running the floor, BECAUSE I was also doing the same work.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Let's look at it THIS way. The Shift supervisor is making sure that everything is running smoothly and there's no mistakes or 'oopsies' oif the sort that piss-off people standing standing in line to get that damn designer coffee.
    The better things run, the bigger the tip yield, am I wrong?

Now... lets look at the alternative. If I'm shift supervisor and I been there a year and a half and I'm bustin ass jumping from one thing to another during the rush and I dont get a TIP?!!!! Juust because I make a buck an hour more?

Anyone want to take a look at just who is instigating these suits? Besides the TV law firms, that is... We KNOW THEY are the Scum of the earth.

You bet.. someone who couldnt do the job.

- - - -- - - - - - -- - -- -

Here's a thought: Does Ben'n'Jerry's have tipping... How does it work?