helpful suggestions for posting on the offal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Aug 20, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

... why? Because Pettyfog can't be the only cultural guide on this site!

1. Give yourself several secret identities and make the same asinine comments in each of them so that half the posts on any thread are all about you.

2. Make sure that if you choose a Fulham player -- past or present -- as the root of your identity, that you misspell his name.

3. Avoid the cursing nanny by coming up with clever spellings like fcuk.

4. Design your thread names so as to offend as many people as possible and to ensure the 895th iteration of the same "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" slanging matches you've had with your evil counterpart every day since you could type.

5. Whenever your opinion is challenged, respond by saying how old you are, how long you've been supporting Fulham, where your season ticket is, and that whoever it is you're talking to should fcuk off to Swindon or Brentford.

6. Bitterly complain about every play that resulted in something other than a win, and then go onto another thread and whinge about how Chelsea fans think they should never lose.

7. Be sure that you insult Americans or Irish or African players at least once per day.

8. If you want to talk about the Middlesboro match, for instance, and there are already 18 or 19 threads about it, be sure to start your own.

9. Have a ready list of players who aren't good enough to wear the shirt, and trot them out after every match -- win, lose, or draw. This is usually a good time to take care of number 7 also.

10. Remember, if you like a player, it's because he "bleeds black and white." If you don't like a player, it's because he's an overrated American, African, or Irishman. Almost makes you wish we still had some French players.

11. Try to misspell as many words as possible. It makes you look clever -- at least they think it does.

Enjoy! :D

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

fixed your post..

Otherwise, nailed!

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I thought about posting on the offal once or twice but I get enough irrational, circular logic from my own children.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

12. Be sure to mention something distinctly American, especially a food item, so that you can prepare for the barrage of insults that mostly amount to a not so clever way of calling you a Fat American.

13. Use the word "soccer" in the same sentence as pointing out your experience playing or coaching. To most of them, that will completely cancel out any knowledge of the game you thought you may have had.

5. pettyfog

14. Find a way to work in your opinion that the American league is somehow on the level of Conference.

15. Try to imply you would never watch a local {US} team until they buy enough quality players to make them worthy of your attending games.

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

16. Be boring and predictable.

7. Jux

Jux New Member

17. The Larch (or just completely highjack the thread) :wink:

Great List Don. It's part of the reason I've never posted there.

8. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Reminds me of some forums I moderate on deviantART. I swear there has to be some sort of asshat school on the internets that I don't know about.

Just be glad you don't have to deal with 4chan.

:p

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks, qd. I have to admit that if there's a neologism that always cracks me up at the sight or sound of it, asshat is the one.

Still chuckling here :lol:

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

dude....was dying when i read that list!!! good one Don

11. pettyfog

18. Use either a totally non-descript subject line, like 'Who is...' so no one has any idea and they have to click to find out.

OR

make it totally misleading so as to draw the reader in so you can put up your point, as in:

One Name to replace Mcbride: Josmer Altidore

Of course the concept is ridiculous for at least five reasons but you get to tell everyone who has short term memory problems just how great the kid is going to be. Throwing in the reference to McBride keeps it 'On-topic' ...in your own mind anyway.

12. pettyfog

19 When selecting a username, somehow find an iteration of FulhamTILLIDIE that hasnt been used yet.

Difficult but the most successful pre-pend either a location:

SwazilandFFCTILLIDIE

or a personal demarcation of some sort:

IMONLY6BUTIMTHEWORLDSBIGGESTFULHAMFANTILLIDIE

- - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -
    Yes... that's a good summary of 14 and 15, also 12 and 13... hmmm just about all of them... I guess that's what this thread's about!

:twisted:

13. pettyfog

This is a great thread.. thanks, Don!
    Come on... there have to be a few more. Then we -or better- DON will pick the best 15 or twenty and post it on the FAQ

14. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

20. When questioned about your loyalty to FFC, remind everyone that you are the world's biggest Fulham fan because your aunt's neighbor once stood in line behind <insert any Fulham player > once.

Coolness by association - always worked in high school!

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

quickdraw -- love your signature, man. Steven Wright?

16. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I am sure you can only post on the offal if you hear it from a mate in a pub who knows someone who works/worked for the club.

Well played Don!

17. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Spot on. Though I've seen some of his quotes be a bit longer. I couldn't help but to laugh when I read a page of his quotes.

18. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

You forgot ' accuse anyone who posts anything remotely positive of wearing rose coloured spectacles'.

Not that I'm paranoid or anything :big grin:

19. DCDave

DCDave Member

So, what do you all think of Kasey Kellor? He's an American--why would we want another one of them? Why didn't we go after Van De Sar or Cech? I remember the good old days when Coookie was the manager.

BTW, we got hosed against Boro last Saturday. I saw the replay and I think it might have gone over the line. Does anybody else want to talk about that game?

IVEBEENAFULHAMFANFORYEARSANDYEARS(5)FFCUNTILIDIE!

:D

20. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

This thread is great....i am crackin up here. You might also get called a "tosser" or a form of "tosser" if you post anything positive as well. What is a "tosser"??? Maybe i should call some one a "puddwacker" just to make them wonder what a "puddwacker" is.