Help North Korea?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by andyns, Aug 14, 2007.

1. andyns

andyns New Member

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

North Korea is abomination. Can't believe FIFA lets these guys participate in tournaments. If South Africa could be banned, so can North Korea.

That goes for a lot of other countries as well.

3. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Most of their players are Zainichi. Koreans in Japan. A few of them are actually from North Korea and they play in Russia, a few Eastern European leagues, and the domestic league.

As for helping North Korea. Do it, win the hearts and minds of the people. Kim Jong-il is unpopular in the countryside, but they can't show their hate for him for fear of arrest. The hate will spread to P'yongyang with this flood. If the UN saves the day, their popularity will go up, and the people's trust in Kim Jong-il will go down.

I really do smell a coup. Kim doesn't make too many visits anymore. I think a political and military coup will happen, and North Korea will be opened up. I've heard rumors that people in the KWP would like to open North Korea to the Chinese and Koreans. Even people close to him in his cabinet want to open up.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

SECRETIVE STATE!!!!!! Refer to my 'fair and balanced' thread. WTF kind of code word crap is that!
    Nepal is my concept of a 'secretive state' I do not think they are exactly the same thing.
    I dont think the US would do more than raise a rhetorical howl if China got fed up and went in to annex 'em.

Certainly, the people would be far better off. But then again it's China that enabled that sinkhole, isnt it.
    - - -- - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Well... maybe the UN COULD be effective there.. there's lotsa ripe young girls, plus numerous corrupt under-ministers and province governors who probably have money stashed.

Yep, I think they could do a deal, especially if they make Kofi and his son special emissaries..

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Nothing scares me more than the North Korean military. As a military member myself, I worry about them to no ends. Our current situation in Iraq would seem like a stroll in the proverbial park should we ever reescalate in Korea.

So if we need a coup to remove Kim "I'm so Ronry!" Jong-il, then go for it.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I agree. The citizens of a country whose leader pursues policies that most of the rest of the world condemns and considers insane deserve no pity or relief from disaster.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Pardon me.. but you have a debate point there.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the old saying, people get the government they deserve.
    But what if their 'leaders' said somethng like "We are going to end this culture of Corruption"...

I'm as cynical as anyone else.. see above... But we cant continue to WHOLLY turn our backs like we have in Darfur or earlier in Rwanda can we?

8. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

The problem is, where is this food aid going to go? The UN has sent soooooooo much food that North Korea shouldn't be starving. Well here's the deal, it's Kim Jong-il's fault. He sends the food to the military and the rest t vendors to sell at markets.

Plus they aren't sending the blue helmets you know. If they just got rid of those stupid permanent Security Council members, things would be so much better. Kosovo would be independent, Darfur would be safe, and the world would be a better place.

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Wonsan,

Agree with you about Red China and the Soviet Union. The UN is inept mainly because China and Russia get to sit on the Security Council. Makes international law a complete farce.

F Kim Jong Il. Let the people all flee to South Korea and the United States.

It's a great big Auschwitz.