Hello from The OC

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by captdf, Feb 16, 2005.

1. captdf

captdf New Member

Hi folks,

My name is Chris Cruz and I live in Irvine, CA. I have followed the EPL for about 7 years now, but have only started following Fulham with the arrivals of Boca and McBride. I'm taking my first trip to Craven Cottage in May and definitely looking forward to it.

I'm actually a Chelsea supporter (don't hate me). That's because on my first visit to London (Dec-Jan, '97-98) I didn't know anything about English football and the only teams that I had ever heard of were Liverpool, ManU, and Arsenal. I tried to get tickets to Highbury, but couldn't, and I found out about Chelsea and went to Stamford Bridge. I fell in love with Gullit, LeSaux, DiMatteo, etc., and have been a fan of the club ever since.

As far as the other teams that I support, I am partial to UCLA (I'm class of '98), LA Galaxy (my local club), and Fiorentina (because I stayed in Florence for a month).

Cheers,
    Chris

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Chris,
    Welcome to FulhamUSA. I will forgive you for being a Chelsea fan! That is club that is not liked much by Fulham fans around the world. With the proximity of the clubs and such you could understand that.

So, I gotta ask, if Fulham plays Chelsea, who do you cheer for?

3. captdf

captdf New Member

Re: RE: Hello from The OC

I do understand about the local rivalry. Being that Chelsea was my first Premiership team and that I have followed them for about 7 years now I could never cheer against them. That being said, I have absolutely no ill will toward Fulham (I'll save that for Spurs and Arse), and would cheer for Fulham over any club other than Chelsea.

I am anxious to see how Fulham hold up over the rest of the season. Obviously a spot in Europe is out of the question, but I'm sure the club can move up a couple spots in the table. Add a couple signings over the summer and Fulham could make a strong mid to upper table showing next season. As for Chelsea, the quad is still in sight, but I would realistically think they could get 2 trophies.