Harry Not Guilty

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by dcheather, Feb 8, 2012.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... not-guilty

Nice investigative work...they've been taking lessons from their US counterparts.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Well isn't this a shock :roll: They could have video tape of 'Arry robbing a convience store :violence-uzi: and he would have gotten off

Yes, I was looking for an excuse to bust out the uzi icon.

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Actually I believe their US counterparts are pretty darn successful at convicting people for tax evasion. Just ask Wesley Snipes, Pete Rose, and Martha Stewart.

But I'm not surprised dirty 'arry wasnt convicted either. Everyone has a foreign bank account in their dog's name, right? :eusa-liar:

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I was referring to the US investigations into American sport figures, ie doping charges. Where they rack up an expensive bill and have little to show for it.

A 5 year, £8 million for an investigation where he supposedly evaded taxes on £189,000? Not exactly a wise investment on the gov't's part. I get their need to make an example of someone, but that's not a good way of going about it.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Two white millionaires walk despite a lock-solid case. Who says the Brits are different than us?

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

What's a bung? And is it, in any way, related to the "bung hole?

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

:character-beavisbutthead:

Nope, not related to "bunghole"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bung

8. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Totally agree Heather. Not only was it "£8 million for an investigation where he supposedly evaded taxes on £189,000?" The total tax bill on it would only have amounted to something like £30,000. Sure that might be a lot to me and you, but spending "£8 million to get £30,000, really???