Google Street View

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by GaryBarnettFanClub, Apr 10, 2009.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Recently google released street view in the UK. It occured to me the only practical use for it is to share the experience of walking down Stevenage Road towards Craven Cottage, watching the floodlights grow.

The day they visited Craven Cottage was sunny and so the ground looks great.

To view the ground go to http://www.google.co.uk/maps and enter: Stevenage Rd, Hammersmith, London SW6, United Kingdom

The training ground has not been done yet.

2. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Thanks for posting that Gary, I looked up quite a few old places in Fulham all still seems to be the same old place I love and left, it's a shame you cant move down the streets perhaps that's next?

3. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I want the corner house on Stevanage and Finlay on the West side!

Thanks GBFC!

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Your need a lot of money if you do?

Last house sold on Finlay was # 12 back in August of 2008 and went for 950,000 POUNDS about $1.4m at today's exchange rate.

3 other houses sold in 2007 for over around 1.5M pounds well over $2M

And there all terrace houses meaning attached to each other, infact you can dip your bread in next doors gravy there that close!!!

If you buy one you can moan and groan about the noise and conjestion every other Saturday just like the present buyers do then?

www.houseprices.co.uk

5. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

6. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Thanks Martin. I figured they weren't cheap. Close to the river and all. If you were a Fulham fan, I think the odd Saturday disturbance would be welcome. :D

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Thats half the problem most of them are out of town yuppies and buy the house then complain about the noise...DOH it's a football club. any true Fulham person like me and you cant afford those stupid prices but it's nice to know some of them have lost over half a million pounds since 2007 when houses prices were still going up and up now they are coming down and not selling .

Good thing is the Football club aint going nowhere!