Globull Wormening Update, Part XXIXM

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Feb 7, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Perusing the net we find that unusually cold weather and snowfall has struck across the globe in the last year. But not to worry, Goreacle fans: I read a BAL {Bay Area Loony} pointing out that in many of those places, it actually has to warm UP to snow. That's true, oh, disciple of 'back to hunter-gatherer culture'.. Ever notice those who advocate that are the least likely to survive it? They are most likely to be hunted and gathered. It's only protein, ya know.

BUT, Snow is white, white reflects light and heat, right?
    What sun heat we are getting that is..

Sun Stays Sluggish as Weathermen Fight for Anti-Ice Age Funding
    Well, the solar cycle might have had a flat, thus might arrive late. You know how hard it is to mount those skinny tires. For those of you actually interested in reading the PopMech article, note the ref to the 1995 NAS paper.

Wonder if those brilliant guys actually figured in the sun's effect on interstellar cosmic ray absorbtion? They are critical in forming upper atmospheric cloud layer.. That's 'sunlight reflectors' to you casual fans.
    Um... I doubt it, because it was just proven two years ago.

AlsoThe Top Ten Things Environmentalists Need to Learn

- And that's just #10! Yep.. if given the task, that's the way a private corporation would do it. But, hey, 'Corporashuns IS EVUL!'
    {Except those in my teacher's association pension portfolio, of course}

I issue my usual caveat here: Cutting CO2 cant hurt! It wont affect global warming, but it cant hurt.

So sign the neighborhood petition for more Nukes!

2. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I'm so hot here in DeKalb right now...It's like 15 degrees and only a foot of snow on the ground! I can't wait for the day that this global warming stuff is in the past and we can get back to cooler temperatures like -15 degrees below zero with three feet of snow.

Al Gore can we please use your huge ass to plug the hole in the ozone layer and relieve me of this oppressive heat???

...bummer