Gary Barnett

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by GaryBarnettFanClub, Feb 28, 2008.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

In the "where are they now section" on the offical website, the focus for the Feb article is on Gary Barnett (thanks SoCalJoe for the MP), to read the article follow the link

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2008/February/WhereAreTheyNow.aspx

The article itself does not bring out the divided opinions of Fulham fans about Gary, some - like me- love him for his work rate and his never say die attitude. I never remember a time when his head went down and where he gave up (although I have rose tinted specs when it comes to Gary). Others felt he was not good enough or too inconsistent, but most of all I remember he was a bloody decent bloke who week after week signed the back of an 11 year old's programme.

He was not the biggest bloke, and like Boa in the early days, he could run round in circles chasing his tail, but when he got it right, like Boa, he was a fantastic player and my favourite Fulham player of all time. COYGB and COYW.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sounds like my kind of player. Thanks for the link.

where ya been?

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Glad you put up the link Stu, a very interesting article. Sounds like a good guy w/a healthy sense of humor. How many people can say they were a player/manager for a side in the UEFA Cup & Champions League?

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

GBFanClub, I always wondered if you werent Gary Barnett. Didnt you once refer to the times that "yours truly graced the football (fields) at the cottage"? So you were just refering to your screen name?