FulView for June 2023

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Jul 2, 2023.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham doesn't play in competitive matches in June, but we thankfully still have a site sponsor despite this being the most quiet of months for Fulham. Thanks @BarryWhite for supporting the site through this sleepy month!

Sadly the biggest event in this forum in June was the passing of HatterDon. He was beloved by all here and I miss hearing his thoughts on Fulham, sport, and life. He is irreplaceable and things just won't be the same without him.

Fulham had a few players leave the club after reaching the ends of their contracts. The most significant of these was Wembley hero, Joe Bryan. It seems that Fulham is rarely quick out of the blocks when it comes to the transfer window and that is holding true again. While some teams have made some big signings, Fulham's news has been mostly yet-to-be-fulfilled rumors. The most significant news was that initial negotiations between Willian and Fulham have not been fruitful. It remains to be seen if things can be worked out. With not much positive happening, I can't deny a slowly tightening knot in the pit of my stomach.

On the plus side (I think), we got to see the new kit and sponsor just as the month closed out. A generally respectable design and I'll find the asymmetrical shoulders far less offensive if I don't associate them with a relegation come June 2024!

pettyfog, nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.