Fulham's American Billionaire

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by WhitesBhoy, Sep 19, 2008.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

We need to find us one.....maybe.

Who owns the Cubs? Seems like a good business model for FFC.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Tribune Co. owns the Cubs, and have been trying to sell. Mark Cuban has openly campaigned to buy them, but the guy is too much a boat rocker for the short-sighted dinosaurs like Bud Selig and the rest of the ol' boy network.

As far as a billionaire goes, kind of a sad state of affairs when the perception of the only way to compete is with 10 figures.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

The Tribune Co. owns the Cubs, and have been trying to sell. Mark Cuban has openly campaigned to buy them, but the guy is too much a boat rocker for the short-sighted dinosaurs like Bud Selig and the rest of the ol' boy network.

As far as a billionaire goes, kind of a sad state of affairs when the perception of the only way to compete is with 10 figures.[/quote]

Amen to that scj.

MAF isn't a slouch either. He is listed 48th on the top 100 most powerful influential arabs in the world. He also has just over a billion dollars at his disposal due to the increased revenue from his real estate ventures. Not small potatoes by any means.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: Fulham

I'm happy with the billionaire we have, even if he isn't American.

6. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

I'll third that motion.
    I'd rather have Mo, a guy who obviously loves the club, then a ManCity takeover or something like that.

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I'm not saying or advocating getting rid of our somewhat crazy billionaire, but maybe promoting adding another to the mix.

Yes, the Arsenal story precipitated this original post. Interesting haps on that side of town.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Those 2 teams at least challenge for the playoffs, I'm greedy, let's hope he does for Arse what he's done for the other team he owns..the St. Louis Sheep er Rams 8)