Fulham @ Wigan - 10/29/05

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Oct 28, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham travels to Wigan tomorrow to take on the Latics. For those who many not know, Wigan is quite good. Despite being a promoted team, Paul Jewell has this team far exceeding expectations. They will be trying for their 5th straight league win against Fulham tomorrow and 7th straight in all competitions.

Wigan will be without some firepower as both Jason Roberts and David Connolly will both be missing through injuries.

Who do you want to see in the lineup for Fulham tomorrow? Formation? Tactics, etc?

I would like to see us go back to the 4-4-2 with McBride and John up front. However, I am guessing we will stay in the 4-5-1 with the extra defensive midfielder. Perhaps it will be Leggy.

Should be a good match. It would be great to pick up another three points tomorrow!!

2. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

i reckon that we still stay with a very similar line up to what we had at the liverpool match...i'm hoping that we don't have elrich on. i think that he does have potential but he has a long way to go before he should have a starting place. I think that Boca should come on and i think that Zat should be no where near the ground at all!! I would still like to see Warner start and his mistake on Tuesday night was the first one i've seen him make, and he also made plenty of good saves in the same game.

I would think that it's going to be a very close call between wigan and ffc. Wigan have been playing outstandingly well but at the same time, i've seen some really good play from Fulham and cookie seems to be making some wise tactical changes...

COYWS!!

3. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Good luck to Tom finding a Wigan fan to interview for this one.

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'll be able to catch the first half. I'll miss the 2nd half moving some boxes for my wife's non-profit group. :(

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Fulham @ Wigan - 10/29/05

As you can see from the lack of anything on the site, I was unable to find one. LOL!

6. martin

martin New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Wigan - 10/29/05

Wigan is a tough nut to crack. They have not given up more than one goal in any match this season, with a few clean sheets thrown in for good measure. Goals will be hard to come by, maybe even an ugly 0-0 draw. I will be optimistic and say Fulham wins 1-0.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Sounds like the ref has not had the best game from a Fulham perspective. Gentleman Jim said there were two penalties not called in the 1st half. A hand ball on Wigan and a foul on Volzy were not called.

So far it is 0-0 with 15 minutes to go. I am hoping we can sneak a late goal.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Shit, Wigan scored in injury time. Fulham is down 1-0.

9. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

just spoken with papabeaver and WW from JJB. apparently it was worse to watch live. Rosenior and mcbride was on the bench... colemand made a good decision to bring elrich on (not that keen on elrich cause he lacks the ability to push the game forward) but he played well. Boca is off with his hamstring so the defence is now F**ked. Knight wasn't even on the subs bench?!?!? I hate to say it but even the diehards are now calling for coleman oout...it's a sad day.

10. martin

martin New Member

Dammit. Brutal officiating, at least according to Gentleman Jim. This one hurts.

11. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

There were some bad calls in the first half but they had no excuse for the second half...the play was aweful. I was at west Brom on Tues and it was much the same

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

While I missed the game -call cause I wasnt paying attention, looking at the hi-lites might tell me something.

But judging from the Offal MB comments, I have to concur that something needs done. Fulham is too talented a side to suffer thru the inconsistency they've been showing.

I've been there seen that... Crew -first to worst- fan remember?... and now our own patriarch, Lamar, okayed a much-needed change.

MAF should do that, as well.

13. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Pettyfog, I hate to say it, but I agree with you. Coleman needs to go. I just don't understand this need to wait forever to make changes, when it is obvious that players need to come off because they're ineffective.

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Why's that? This aint the politics forum!
    ;)

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, because I like Coleman and I want him to do well. But if you're not getting the results, then something needs to be done--even if the play is better than last year.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Coleman Out. How many damn chances does he need. Last season he took us through a relegation battle all season because of his damn tactics and now hes doing the same thing. During a game hes the worst manager in the EPL and it isnt even close. He doesnt know how to pick the starting 11 and doesnt know how to change the team if things arent going well. What is it going to take to get Boa on the left side and Liam Rosenior to play at LB? Boa has been poor this season because genius Coleman decides to play him in central midfield. Stop whining about injuries and how the refs lost the game and admit you were poor and leave. George Burley for manager or Martin O'Neill.

17. andyns

andyns New Member

I'd keep him until atleast Christmas. Apparently you guys feel its a case of 'what have you done for me lately?' Even though we're coming off a great win against Liverpool. I think we can succeed under Coleman, bringing someone else in, won't necessarily bring points.

18. ob

ob New Member

I like CC, but I think he needs more experience to gain some badly needed technical know-how. In other words, yes, we need a new manager. I'd be happy for him to stay on, just not as our manager, but I doubt he'll do that. Anyway, it's time for a change

19. fulham4life

fulham4life New Member

COLEMAN OUT!!

He's been a half-decent manager but things wont improve unless someone else takes over

20. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I've heard a lot of opinions on various MBs along the lines of:
    "keep playing the way you are and you'll be fine, you sure don't play like relegation candidates."
    The problem is, I've heard this so many times about teams that have gone down. We are probably playing the best premiership football we've played since oiur heyday with Saha up front, but we're still losing. Continue like this and we are down. I am not sure what the answer is, but something has to change.