Fulham vs Sunderland

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, Jan 2, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

In what I considered a must win, Fulham defeated Sunderland 2-1 today at the Cottage. Injuries really cramped us in the busy holiday fixtures, but we managed to end the 4-matches with a big win over the lowly Black Cats.

Had Fulham not won this match, I would be nervous going into 2006, but we won and that eases some pressure. It will be interesting to see what Fulham does in the transfer window. Coleman has come out and said he would like more numbers in the squad. In the next few weeks we will find out whether Big Mo gives the money to finance this. Should be interesting.

2. keithinspain

keithinspain New Member

Considering Papa went off early,and Steed,5 minutes after coming on as a sub,i think we did well.COYW

3. Zack

Zack New Member

Makes you wonder what '06 would have been like if we held off villa and got a couple goals at pompey....but getting the 3 points today is indeed a good jumpstart to the new year......it will be interesting to see the new face or faces that put on the white stripe.....COYW!!!!!!

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: RE: Fulham vs Sunderland

We need new faces quick. From the offal site:
    The injury plague continues :cry: I'm hoping they invest in some yoga classes.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs Sunderland

I think Coleman needs a closed door with his trainers and physios.

There's conditioning, and there's cold-weather conditioning. Am I wrong?!

6. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs Sunderland

I've never heard of cold weather conditioning and I've trained for all sorts of endurance events--but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. However, you should stretch a more than what you're accustomed to and warm-up longer before your event--but this is basic training knowledge. I have feeling that the team needs a lot of rest and are most likely overtrained or not stretching enough. There have been too many muscle injuries at this point in the season.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs Sunderland

CC did work them harder this year in camp, as I recall.

The main problem is with a thin team, guys who'd get a week off with a deeper team have to keep playing, causing injuries to not heal and get aggravated.