FULHAM vs Derby FA Cup Replay

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Feb 8, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

It seems there is some bad news for Derby. Their Captain, Ian Taylor and one of their best players, Tom Huddlestone, will be suspended for this match.

I am guessing Fulham should come out as a 4-4-2 formation with Cole and McBride up front. Radz has lost a bit of his form and McBride really seems to spark the offence when he comes on...

COYW

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm no longer sure what MIGHT work.

I obviously WOULD like to see McBride and Cole up front... but there's more to it than just dropping them on the pitch and saying "Git 'er done!"

COYW

3. AGreen16

AGreen16 Member

RE: Re: FULHAM vs Derby FA Cup Replay

4-4-2 Sounds right. I would like to see McBride upfront with COle as well. What do you think of a back line with Volz-Goma(if healthy),Boca and Resenior

4. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: FULHAM vs Derby FA Cup Replay

That's exactly the back line I'd like to see... I'm sure some would find fault.

5. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: FULHAM vs Derby FA Cup Replay

John had a good game yestarday, I think it's time for him to play 1st squad with Cole.
    I'd like to see Zet in back with Goma too. I've seen all the game LFC-FFC 3-1 adn in my opinion Zat played not bad actually (except Baros goal), was better a lot than Zosh and Liam.

6. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: FULHAM vs Derby FA Cup Replay

Of course I'm going to find fault with that back 4! Liam is not a left back and he is to young to do a "boca"('Boca' = playing a defensive player out of position).

Although I must agree Goma would be a nice addition.

7. pettyfog

That's my point, Mike..

Liam has had ONE game there. And with Carlos beside him, there's cover.

Time for someone else to share taking the heat... and this would be the ONE game which doesnt really carry the same weight.

Face it.. he's the backup now for Carlos anyway.

8. AGreen16

AGreen16 Member

It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer. You would hope all our current players would stay and that we could add a couple(defender,midfielder). Hopefuly some of the young players out on loan might inprove enough to be a real impact in the first team next season.

9. Bee

Bee New Member

I think they'll probably start Cole alone up front again. McBride looked nearly invisible against T&T and its a very short week for him.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

It looks as though Pembo will be out tomorrow with a minor calf strain. On a better note, Claus Jensen is healthy and could be selected to the first team tomorrow. If we go 4-5-1, then I would say the lineup goes like this:

Eddy
    Volzy Goma Rehman Rosenior
    Radzinski Bouba Diop Jensen Clark Boa Morte
    Cole

Bench:
    Collins John
    Ian Pearce
    Sylvain Legwinski
    Mark Crossley
    Carlos Bocanegra (with the long trip from Trinidad he has to be tired)

I am predicting a 2-0 win!

11. madrat

madrat New Member

COYW!!!!!!!!! game time 7am tomorrow so i'll have to set the alarm... - send derby packing- & keep your fa cup run going...

12. americanmike

2-1 as of the 50th minute...

Fulham looking much much better this half...

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A sigh of relief as Fulham is winning 4-2 in extra time. This match completely changed with the penalty late in the second half. Bouba Diop put it in and Fulham came out a different team in the second half.

The second Derby goal was unfortunate, but we have bounced back in extra time and it was great to see Claus get on the score sheet.

Now, it's on to Bolton next Saturday. I am guessing it will go to a replay!! LOL!

14. AGreen16

AGreen16 Member

If we play the game from the start which we have not done in both the matches that have gone to replays I don't for see it ebing to mcuh of a problem getting the win at the first attempt. THe thing we have in our favor as far as playing Bolton is that we seem to have a good recird against them.

15. RDG

RDG Member

This match reminded me of the Cup match up at Anfield in 2000 (? my memory may be going). That was where FFC played well enough to force the extra time, but ultimately lost (by two goals?). Finally, the team can do to lesser-division teams what happened to us: not play all that well, but get enough luck to win. Goma seems to have been the MOM for those of us SCREAMING for some intelligence in the back four.

On to Bolton, and let's win it there!

COYW!!!!