Fulham Vs. Birmingham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Apr 28, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I don't really know what to say really. Tom makes his return to the Cottage after a 3 year hiatus and it is Fulham most massive game in recent history. Win again is a must.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Sing loud and sing proud Tom! I will once again be absent from the chat room while cheering on my sons U-13 squad in hope that both his team and Fulham pull out good results.

COYW's!

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I will also be gone from the chatroom this weekend. I have my monthly excercise at the base. I am a tad peeved I won't be able to DVR it on FSC, or listen to GJ. One of the most important matches I can recollect and I can't get it. I'll probably sneak off for a spell at work (if possible) and hop on Gamecast at least.

I haven't said this much this season, but Kamara deserves a start. I am sure his confidence is SOARING after saving our butts. Hopefully he can take that form against Birmingham and put us within grasp of salvation.

4. Bradical

Bradical Member

Wow, what a pivotal game. I missed the Man City game and I will miss this one as well due to being at a wedding (not mine). But I will try and sneak away to check scores and this site.

What a time to be a fan of this club - if they stay up, that Man City match will become legendary... I still can't believe it...

UP FULHAM!!!!

5. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

not sure if i'll be in chatroom or not. actually thinking about heading to the bar to catch this one early. it's 45 min drive for me, but would be worth it to watch reading lose and fulham come away with the victory.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Needless to say, I am jacked up for this one. I will make my voice heard loud and proud on Saturday!!! It is going to be a special day at the Cottage!!

7. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Fulham Vs. Birmingham [R]

I think you're right. I didn't see the whole match but from what I've read it seems like Dempsey has found his shooting boots as well, despite the lack of goals just yet, so perhaps he should get the start as well - seems like he's starting to feel comfortable on the left.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tom/Mikey, have a great day out and match. Bring us home three points and a meaningful fixture at Pompey.

Chatroom gang, business will keep me away from the chatroom and I probably won't find out the result until very late on Friday. So I'm depending on all of you!

COYW!

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Great video on the official 'Fight to the Finish' (hint for a link Don 8) ).
    It just finished w/big, bold, letters 'Birmingham Next'

This match is gonna be like that sign you see at the amusement park while waiting to get on the ride 'not for women that are pregnant or people w/a history of heart trouble'.

10. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here ya go, SCJ:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsA ... inish.aspx

I only have two questions:

1. How 'bout them Joe Kamara? AND
    2. Did you see the hot chick with the cell phone? :D

12. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Fulham's been all about the compilation/inspirational video clips as of late. Must admit I'm a fan of them as well.

Can't believe how nervous I am for the match this weekend. It is Monday afternoon and I have finals this entire week, but all that is going through my mind is how Fulham crush Birmingham City. Stomach is in knots and nervous as hell... But I wouldn't have it any other way.

COYW's

13. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Don...I saw her...

Now on to business...Kamara is on his way to becoming a legend and if we stay up he will be worth every pound we paid for him...

This has got to be one the most interesting matches of the weekend as the winner lives to fight on and the loser is all but relegated...so I'm hoping for a lot of build-up and hype and articles about it so that those of us not able to attend can get a sense of what it's like in Southwest London...

But for those of you who are going to be there...I know you'll do your part and hopefully our boys will do theirs...with the support they are sure to receive I can't envision a result other than a Fulham win...

I have no idea on what line-up to use but with two road wins in his last two attempts I think RH knows what he is doing by now...so I'll leave it up to him...I hope he is not disappointed because I know he usually checks these thread for ideas...

That video has me ready to get 3!!!

UP FULHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. bullhead

bullhead New Member

Almost relieved that the game won't be on FSC....don't think I could stand the pressure....need to find a few "projects" around the house to keep me busy while the games is going on. Surprised that FSC/EPL wouldn't show case the game due to it's significance for both teams.
    Impressed with the "never die" attitude. I look for Dempsey to come up big.

15. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Great video, thanks for posting dt and Don. It got me fired up all over again. I saw her too Don. :)

16. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

i know, i had to rewatch to find her. but at first I was like, wow, she's kinda hot, then i got to thinking "WHY IN THE HELL IS SHE ON THE PHONE?"

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm thinking she was getting match updates. At least she wasn't texting.

18. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

it is funny about the texting, it seems everytime FSC/Setanta cuts away to whatever local celebrity happens to be at match, they are doing just that...texting......I think they even caught Coppell texting at a match last weekend....at least it looked like he was....

19. jmh

jmh New Member

On top of that, a draw really does nothing for either team, so both teams are going to be out for three points. I think that'll make for a really exciting match.

20. jlough

jlough New Member

If Kamara starts, I worry about his ups and downs. He always seems to have a good game followed by a poor one. I like the current substitution pattern up front. Pace like Kamara's helps more at the end of the match. Even if we are ahead, he is a good substitution because it keeps the defense back.