Fulham vs Amkar Perm

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Aug 17, 2009.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The first leg is at the Cottage and on Thursday.

Anyways, we should win and dominate. We not only need to dominate, but we need to beat them by at least 2 goals so we can play a weakened team in Russia. I'm not worried, but then again I've seen stranger things...

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

24, there's been a lot of banter with the Russian fans and some advance scouting done by the FofFers. Consensus is that they have a solid GK, a quality midfielder and a dangerous striker. The Russian Premiere League is a strong league -- much stronger than the Lituanian league for sure. Amkar aren't as defensively solid as they were last season, but they're still a threat.

My number one priority is a clean sheet on Thursday. Match preview is on its way. Thanks for starting the thread, 24.

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Russian League is stronger, but the team itself didn't impress me much when I watched them vs CSKA Moscow. I think that we're easily the better team and we need to put them away. The reason we need to go all out in the first leg is because we have 2 tough games in the league and the away match is in between those.

I can't believe I'm this confdent in Europe. Am I dreaming? I never thought we'd be in Europe a few years ago, let alone be this confident.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see my first game live at the Cottage on Thursday.

5. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I've watched Amkar twice this season and both times I came away with the following:

1.Good keeper

2.Slow...everyone is slow

3. Shaky defense

4. Midfield talented but again...slow. Very physical though

5. Quality striker but again...slow.

Our boys should run them off the pitch...literally. However, we can't get caught up in a "boxing match" with them. They are very physical.

6. sullytex

sullytex Member

Sent you a PM. No go on the Amkar Perm game, but willing and able to meet up before the Chelsea game. Contact info included.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

any word on whether we'll be able to access Gentleman Jim for this match, Mikey?

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

2-0 win. Hopefully we'll see some fresh faces.

10. ohio4fulham

ohio4fulham New Member

I'm hoping for 3-0 to the good guys! COYW!!!

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No new signings since the match preview was written, and no word on whether or not Duff will make it into the UEFA approved roster. Roy can evidently swap out one player.

Who, do we wonder?

12. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Several websites have the game listed as being streamed tomorrow. Hopefully this ends up being the case. Last weekend I understand there was an issue with the audio on Fulham's website, so I hope that gets sorted out in case there is no stream tomorrow. I got lucky over the weekend and found a stream.

Should we advance, word on the street is that Gol TV will televise the Europa group stage starting this year. Lets hope thats true. But let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

I've watched Amkar play twice this season and wasn't impressed either time I watched them. Yet, they are physical and do scare me a bit.

Fulham-2

Amkar-0

COYW!

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll be in the chatroom for the match, hopefully with link information or GJ. Hope to see some of yez there.

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Gentleman Jim will definitely be doing the commentary tonight Dom.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

This weekend, though, we all got a popup asking to enter a password and no one knew how to get past it. Will it be that way for all the prem matches from now on?

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks, Mikey. It'll be great to hear his dulcet tones, not to mention entertaining listening to him pronounce all those Slavic names.

COY Euorpean W!

17. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I may join you guys in the chat room. I'm not expecting many people for the Live Blog.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was wandering through my playing cards a while back, and a rather tall English gentleman [somewhat lacking in physical grace and hair] passed me a tattered piece of paper upon which these words were printed:

"Say no more"
    "I can say no more"

Two British classic rock references in one post. Mr. Nevzter, over to you I think!

And JG just posted:

See you there! Oh, and with FofF's chatroom disabled, I gave a "To Whom It May Concern" invite to join us for the match today. Might be a good crowd in the room for a Thursday!

19. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Dawg the Don, were you planning on doing play-by-play or something similar? I'm stuck at work, so I'd be interested in that. Our chatroom is great, but not so much for updating what's going on during the match.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll do what I can, Matt.