Fulham v Wolverhampton-FA Cup

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Jan 3, 2015.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Is Wayne Hennessey still Wolves' keeper? Probably not. Again, no idea what to expect. Can't even guess what kind of side Kit will name for this one.
    Thoughts?

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

3. jumpkutz

He is, but it looks like Woodrow has replaced him as a starter, otherwise, unchanged, it appears to me. Strong side! COYW!
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Fulham team: Bettinelli; Grimmer, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Stafylidis; Parker; Christensen, Fofana; McCormack; Rodallega, Woodrow <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/coyw?src=hash">#coyw</a></p>&mdash; Fulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) <a href="">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. jumpkutz

Subs...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Fulham substitutes: Kiraly, Burn, Kavanagh, Roberts, Ruiz, Williams, Dembélé <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/coyw?src=hash">#coyw</a></p>&mdash; Fulham Football Club (@FulhamFC) <a href="">January 3, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. jumpkutz

Difficult to tell for sure, but it appears we were outplayed at home despite fielding a strong, league strength side. Hope LVC isn't out too long. Not sure why we risked him here. Suffice it to say, some pretty drastic lineup changes need to be made. I'd start with Fofana. Our drop in form seems to have coincided with his arrival and immediate insertion into the starting XI.

encorespanish likes this.
  6. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

The replay is today. Kit says he is going all out, but likely to make adjustments to the starting lineup. Unfortunately he'll be without our two recent "additions":
    Usually I wouldn't care much about an FA cup win, but we need some goals and some wins to get us out of our recent funk.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/january/13/kits-wolves-preview

SoCalJoe likes this.
  8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

An opponent that's beatable no matter the venue, but Wolves have to regard us in the same manner. Sadly think we are going to pay for not beating them at home.

9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

The lineup:

Bettinelli
    Grimmer, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Stafylidis
    Parker, Fofana, Kavanagh
    McCormack, Woodrow, Dembélé

Can Dembélé or Kavanagh add the creativity we are missing? I'm not so sure, but I hope so.

10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

O.M.G. - I'm exhausted after having just listened to that match. I'm sure my coworkers wondered what the hell was happening in the Excel sheet I was working on this afternoon as I listed to JG through my headphones. What a win! Hopefully we get some swagger back after this. COYW!

encorespanish and dcheather like this.
  11. jumpkutz

Well, well, well! How 'bout them apples, sports fans? Sweet victory, snatched from the jaws of defeat! AND we scored some bloody goals, AND MADE ALL OF OUR PENALTIES IN THE SNOW! WHAT ARE THE BLOODY ODDS? Whatever else happens this season, we can enjoy the hell out of this one folks! Fulham 'til I die!
    COYW!
    Hell, yeah!

12. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Let is snow, let it snow, let it snow!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

The highlights:

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the highlights MicahMan. A few weeks ago, Ross gave up his chance for a hat trick to give Cauley a goal from the spot. Building the confidence of a talented young striker is important and Woodrow pays it back with 2 goals and a made shot in PKs. The header was a thing of beauty.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nicely put, young sir!

jumpkutz likes this.
  16. jumpkutz

Watched a goodly chunk of the replay last night. The lads really brought the energy, and that, along with some tenacious forechecking really stood out. Quality piece of skill from Cauley on the header. Just a gutsy, character finish from everybody.