Fulham V. West Ham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Feb 20, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A couple of days away and another match we have to roll up our sleeves and take all three points.

I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of EJ (as a sub) and I have a feeling Brian may get his first start after returning from injury.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and this one is on live TV on FSC, so I'm sure there'll be a lot of banter about it. I honestly believe we should get three here. I'm just hoping that Roy doesn't play for 0-0 and hope for 1-0.

As for lineups, I'm most interested in seeing who is Hangeland's partner at CB. Zamora may start for the Hammers. He's sort of Carew Lite, and the Big Boy put away Carew like a bistro appetizer. I'm liking our chances for the rest of the season.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't think Hangeland had as easy of a time with Carew as you make it sound, but I also don't think Zamora is nearly the player Carew is. I also continue to believe Boca is as qualified to partner Hangeland as Stefanovic or Hughes or Baird (or, if they're options, Christanval or Pearce). I don't think any of them are world-class players, but at least Boca is quick and a threat to knock home a goal every now and then.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The biggest match of the year...until the next one. Depending on how the game unfolds, EJ and Jari could get some pitch time in the second half.

3 points here and the lads drag themselves into the ring for the relegation fight (before the Villa game, they were sitting in the nosebleed seats). More importantly the sense of belief will go from teetering to Si Se Peude.

Head says draw, heart says 2-1....SCREW LOGIC, COYW!!

5. jlough

jlough New Member

Bellamy is out with abdomial surgery and Zamora has not played since last August at the First team level. Looks like we won't be the only ones that will have trouble scoring. I agree that McBride will hopefully start and Johnson on the bench.

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Feels like ages since the last match. Sadly, I will be in a footie free zone and I won't be able to join you all in the chat room (silly people getting married during football season!!!!).

Feel a draw, but we are at home, so it could be close. We need to pop some bubbles **harharrharrrr**

-Terrible

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Terri, work your magic with the DVR. I think you're going to like what you see.

hmmmm; i got married TWICE during footie season. Wonder what I missed as a result -- ESPECIALLY THE FIRST TIME! [shudder] Scunthorpe vs. Newport County would have turned out better than that "match."

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i'll be in nc shooting a lacrosse game, but i hope to be able to join everyone in the chat room.

with my busy schedule and these (annoying) cup breaks its been way too long -- i miss you guys and gals.

COYW!!

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Three points would be HUGE (then again, three points in any game the rest of the season is huge).

I hope they get the W and get some sort of momentum going.

COYW!

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I've posted lineups and not posted lineups, made predictions and blown them off, and made no posts at all to try to help the Ws's out. So, all I ahave to say is

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Lets go all Villa on the Hammers

11. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Completely agree. I've never thought Stef or Hughes was a clear choice defensively over Boca, and like you said Boca can score goals. Wasnt he Fulham's second highest scorer last season?

12. jlough

jlough New Member

Having Boca in the lineup with McBride up front is a good combination. Boca scores on set piece plays when McBride is in the lineup. We need offence and Boca helps and I would think he would do well paired with Hangeland. He would not have to mark the the opponent's biggest player on set piece plays. Come on you Whites.

13. jmh

jmh New Member

Also, I think having Hangeland and Boca and McBride all in the lineup will give Wet Spam (and others in the future) fits when trying to defend our attacking set pieces. Not to mention Dempsey.

14. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

I keep reading that Dempsey is likely to lose his place in the side. Am I missing something? Hasn't he been one of the most effective players all season? I don't get why of everyone, he's getting picked out as likely to be replaced.

15. Kathy

Kathy New Member

I am here in London now! Yes! Heading to see my first game live at the Cottage! A dream come true! Oh, I think we will get a win! I can't believe it! ******Go Fulham!*******

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

you go girl! Live the dream! Post pictures and have some fun!

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I have no clue WTF brit pundits and other north american scum are saying about Dempsey losing his place - what, b/c FFC now has the immensely gifted Kamara and the intimidating Bouazza back, the leading goal scorer is shipped to the pine? Makes no f$#$&ing sense unless you assume he is a "forward," which he isn't. For a team that is hurting, painfully hurting, to find a goal from the run of play, Demps can't sit on the bench.

Damnit, I'm angry. I've kept a smiley face on for 20+ matches of this shit and I'm tired of it. I want to see heart...I'm sure FFC is trying (they're pros after all), but I WANT TO SEE HEART. At 9am PST, I don't want to see a clean kit on any player that is walking off the pitch. It's about time all 11 busted their guts in the same match. FFC has to work harder, and I don't care if fellow fans believe they have been working hard, it hasn't been hard enough, after all, look at the effin' table.

A damn win would be nice too.

18. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Well said, nevzter. If the guys don't leave their guts on the pitch, it's tough for those of us playing armchair footie to do the same thing in their name.

My guts are tired of feeling like this. I know they have it in them, so it would be nice to see that kind of confidence from the lads themselves.

COYW!!!

19. psand22

psand22 Member

Wow, who's going to start this week. It would be a lot easier, if Davies didn't have to sit out with cards. WHam have a really good record at the Cottage (10 out of last 12 points), but that's going to change. I see a big win for us (2-0).

My best guess:

----------Niemi
    Stalteri - Boca - Hange - Konch
    ----------Andreasen
    -----Murph - Bully - Booze
    ----------Dempsey
    ----------McBride

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Enjoy the moment Kathy and cheer your heart out.

I believe Davies is out due to a suspension (accumulation of yellows), so Deuce will be on the loose tomorrow in the right mid spot. The 2 week break is brutal for the fans, but after flying to Houston and back, a couple weeks of only going from the pad to the training ground probably did Clint a world of good. Don't be surprised if he scores or plays a major part in the goal(s).