Fulham v. The Undead

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Dec 30, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Let's get it started. Will we steal a point against our near neighbors like we did at the Bridge this season and last? Will we get them all at home like we did the season before this? What is American Mike really like?

Who knows? And who knows what Roy Hodgson's side will look like? Here's what I'd LOVE to see out there:

---- Niemi [get well, Kasey] ----

Omozusi -- Stefo -- Boca -- PK

Davies -- Volzy -- Bullard -- Dempsey

------- Kamara --------- Healy ------------

In my match preview, I said that we had lost Volz for this match but since it was 2 yellows instead of a straight red, we only had to be without him for 1 match instead of 3. I'm thinking that Bullard and Dempsey can play off each other with Volzy providing the iron in the back and Davies terrorizing the Scum's temp LB. Speaking of which, they're without about 6 of their normal starters, and their GK is unusally weak.

SO PLAY HARD; PLAY AGGRESSIVE; PLAY CREATIVE!!!!!!

COYW :banana:

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Good points all, even better, the Boos are not playing well, only because Newcastle is so inconsistent and choked in the stretch did they gift 2 points to the Undead. (As if Fulham looks like Barcelona fron 2 years ago, but that's another issue.) My lineup is the same as above all I ask is a game w/ 90 +3 minutes of heart, as aopposed to 80 or 85.

Hey Chelski, :3d tongue: :3d tongue: :3d tongue: !!!

Ah, I feel better now. Up the Ws!

3. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: Fulham v. The Undead

Is Bullard definitely going to be ready to play?

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

wow, looks like cska london will be missing a lot (from soccernet):

Full-back Ashley Cole will be available following suspension. However, centre-back Ricardo Carvalho must continue to serve a suspension following his red card against Aston Villa on Boxing Day. Manager Avram Grant does not expect striker Andriy Shevchenko (leg) to return against the Cottagers, while captain John Terry (foot), goalkeepers Petr Cech (hip) and Carlo Cudicini (rib) as well as midfielder Frank Lampard (thigh) are also still out. Striker Didier Drogba (knee), Claude Makelele (ear) and Florent Malouda (knee) also continue their rehabilitation.

This one is a total crapshoot. Anyone going to be in the chatroom tomorrow? Setanta is reairing the match at 1:45pm I believe so I'll probably be watching that one.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Well, I'm looking forward to the match with huge anticipation. Win, lose or draw I'll never forget this match last year when we lost 2-0 because regardless of the loss, the atmosphere in Hammersmith end was second to none. I'll expect more of the same.

I HUGE task for our new man Roy but we have a good fit squad and if they aren't motivated for tomorrow, then they'll never be.

COYWs

6. jlough

jlough New Member

The new manager seems to have a lot of confidence in his abilities, in a quiet sort of way. Perhaps he can instill some that confidence in the team. The clip from his press conference on the Fulham site was quite good. He called tomorrow's match extremely important. I know we are playing a team that is one of the best, but with many injuries. One can hope. Is it on TV?

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The match will be shown LIVE on Setanta in the US at 7:40AM ET/6:40AM CT. I am not sure about tape delayed showings, but I am sure there will be one on Setanta sometime tomorrow as well.

9. Fern72

Fern72 Member

I with you Mike, win,lose, or draw just to see Fulham on tv is a blessing for me. I sure hope we can pull out 3pts, i don't think it's a so far fetched thing to do. God bless and Happy New Year to all you FFC supporters.

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Thanks Tom and hope your trip is going well...A LOT has happened since you left as I'm sure you know.

11. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

hmmm...5:40am here. guess I'll just have to pull an all-nighter. I'm liking this Hodgson more and more. Wish I could be there in the Hammersmith end, but will settle for my couch and some hot cocoa. COYW!!!

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I agree. I mostly liked what I heard from the press conference. Although he's yet another Brit who cant pronounce his "r's". Bring on the new year for the Whites. They're going to do it. COYW's

13. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

14. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

And according to the physio room site, our injury list is looking like this:

K Keller Arm/Elbow Injury 1 day
    L Cook Knee Injury 1 day
    P Christanval Knee Injury no return date
    I Pearce Calf/Shin Injury no return date
    B McBride Knee Injury 2 weeks
    J Bullard Knee Injury 1 day
    S Elliott Achilles Paratendinopathy no return date

Which suggests that Keller, Jimmy B and Cook could be available very soon.

15. Hoppy

Hoppy New Member

16. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Some fantastic and inspiring play from the whites in the first half. Volz and Murphy stand out to me as being the keys in this match. Both have maintained a fair amount of possession and are causing problems when they get into space. Really hoping Stefanovic won't make a costly mistake today...

Second half to start soon. COME ON YOU WHITES!!!

17. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

its groundhog day and fulham is bill murray.

the midfield play was terrible in the second half. they kept reverting to hoofing it. davis was nonexistent. kamara too. demp was the only one with "endeavor".

just dour and depressing.

18. krhimself

krhimself New Member

More of the same, more of the same...

There isn't much that I can say now that hasn't already been repeated by everybody else during the course of the season.

19. psand22

psand22 Member

The first half was pretty good for us. We were able to win a lot of the loose balls and hold on to posession, but the second half found us on our heels again. Chelsea turned up the pressure and were able to take control of the game. It was a total switch from the first half. They seemed to out work us. They were the ones getting to the loose balls and winning the 50/50's, which they turned into chances.

We wilted again under the pressure of the second half...do you think it's our fitness level?

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I think its strategy and tactics. Every game we come out flying, and set the tone. Yet in the second half the opposing team realizes whatever it is we're doing, adapts to it, and then presses back at us. Yet Fulham never reacts to their change of tactics, but reverts to the long ball.

Its almost the exact opposite of last season, where Cookie would wait to see what the other team is doing, and then react to it. Thats why Fulham conceded so many early goals, and then got so many equalizing goals in the waning moments.

Its so damn frustrating!