Fulham v that crappy group of players called Hull

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Oct 6, 2009.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Excepting Jozy of course.

I know it's early, but I just saw Smiling Jimmy Bullard on Sky Sports News and just had to laugh. Apparently he is targeting the Cottage for a return to action.

We need 3 points, and I think we weill get it, if we play with the heart we showed Sunday.

I'm totally over how Jimmy Bullard left the club. We came out as far ahead as possible, really, and Hull and JB had a lot to bounce back from. No sense in wallowing in it or carrying a grudge now.

Besides, if there is anyone worth laughing at on Hull, it is that Shankly-esque manager that they have.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

We played poorly in the first game of the season last year and lost up there, and in the return we dominated for 93 and half minutes, couldn't score and gave up a dagger at the death to lose.

This season will be different. The lads will be ready, we will win, end of...

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Luckily we have 2 weeks to get over that draw that West Ham pulled out. They won their game and will be full of confidence. If we lose, we'll be in shit loads of trouble going into the City game.

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

According to my cable program guide this match will be on ESPN2 and ESPN2HD starting at 255p! I have to work, but have the already DVR set

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

We got to get 3 points out of this match. Hopefully the time off will allow those with little niggles to get back to full strength. I'm calling for a good performance and a 3-0 Whites victory

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Bullard could start, but will for sure play a part in the match... At least that is what Brown is saying.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 77,00.html

My question - will he get Boo'ed or is Fulham a club that has too much class, and Fulham supporters too nice of people for that?

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

In my opinion, he is going to get battered and booed by the Fulham fans. All would've been fine if he didn't say, in a Sky Sports Interview, "I have 18 months left on my contract with Fulham but I'm not going to play until I get my contract extension. They don't want me."

My thoughts on this is that, at the end of the day, both Fulham and Bullard made out on the deal.

We received 5 million pounds UP FRONT for a 30 year old midfielder with a 'dodgy' knee and Bullard got a ridiculous contract for alot more money and for a longer period of time. We should both be happy.

The only reason why I'll have a go at him is his bitterness at Fulham for not giving him 45K a week.

8. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

One round of applause for Rocky Dennis to show appreciation when he comes on, then boo him every time he touches the ball. And boo Orange, er Brown every time he touches his blue tooth.

Hull's back 4 are worse than last year. 2-1 Fulham. COYW!!!

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

There was a lively discussion over at FoF about this. Seems most fans are going to rush the field and stab him.

Personally, I'll give a golf clap.

Thanks for all the help, lad, but way to be a douche on the way out.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I imagine he will be boo'ed as well... I agree with you tho, it seems it worked out positive for both parties so there is little to be upset about other than his comments.

So I suppose he has it coming.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Wow, someone from FFC made the mistake of putting his name on Facebook for promoting the game and look out -- all of a sudden we're freakin West Ham supporters and he might as well play for Millwall. Never mind that we came out as far ahead as possible in the deal, and he has sat on his ass for the last 9 months.

So he was an ass on the way out the door. Big deal. I was an ass today (surprise) and no one is going to cut my nuts off for it.

I second Mike --

There's boos, and there's vitriolic, fire-in-the-eyes boos, and I hope the ones directed at Bullard (mine included) are in the former. We have bigger steaks to grill than Bullard, and what we got out of the situation was pretty prime cut beef.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, let this be the last time the word "Bullard" appears in this thread.

I'm looking for good things on Monday. Deuce was rested over the international break as was Hangeland. Duff appears to be at least somewhat match fit, and everyone should be ready to add to the point we got at Wet Spam.

I'm looking for a good day out with two goals scored by our strikers. Personally, I'd like to see Zamora/Johnson show the kind of play they demonstrated against Arsenal. Had it not been for the Fat Italian Kid, they'd have had at least three goals between them.

Hull may indeed have the worst defense in the league, and we're seriously overdue to spank somebody.

4-0 [Zamora, Johnson, Dempsey, Gera]. Three points and up the table we go.

13. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Bullard Bullard Bullard... hehehehehe...

Just Kidding - Ok, No more talk of him.

Anyway - this is a must win. 6 pointer! Put them down on the table and keep them there.

The only thing that bothers me about all this is Jozy, but who knows where he is going to end up anyway - since he hasnt been playing I wonder if we will see a loan move soon... Does anyone know - has he been playing with the reserves?

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don, the chance of that happening is the same as never hearing the words "Brett Farve" in Wisconsin.

Wow, what a backline Hell possesses. I think I could play for them.

No predictions, because I fear the SteveM19 jinx, but I have high hopes for this one, especially after gifting these chumps 6 pts last year.

COYW!! Let's grease the skids for Phil Shankly! Off he goes!

15. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

3-1 Fulham. Jozy scores the Hull goal.

16. LOBO

LOBO New Member

This is definitely one of those "should win" type of fixtures, but after the weaksauce showing against Wolves my optimism is slightly reserved at this point.
    Hull is playing horrible right now, but Geovanni is always dangerous and is the kind of player that causes problems for the Fulham midfield.
    1-0 Fulham.... maybe.... possibly.

17. Bradical

Bradical Member

Bullard. Ag, you made me laugh with the Rocky Dennis quip.

Hull no longer has our number (Wolves are this year's Hull). I think we play with a chip on our shoulder and run them off the pitch.

3-0 (Zamora, Dempsey, Kamara)

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Has to be a typo...Monday? ESPN 2?? waiting for the other shoe to drop and the announcement that we've been switched to Sunday so that the Burnley (this case, Blackburn) match can be broadcasted on the Deuce.

19. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Any update on Dempsey's shoulder?

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah... that's what I was thinking. Fulham on ESPN{anything}!!!!

Incontext:
    "I'll repay that money I owe ya' next time ESPN carries a Fulham game..."

Of course Monday afternoon HAS to be about the lowest sport rating period there is.. somone else can look it up, but it's only common sense.