Fulham V Spurs - Pre and Post match

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Feb 22, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

My first question is 4-5-1 or 4-4-2?? I'll just start there...

2. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

4-5-1 v 4-4-2

Whether or not you play a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 is really immaterial if you have the players, playing 4-5-1 with a saha up front worked, playing with Cole up front works to the extent it as kept us in games that we might not have been in if we played a 4-4-2, but it makes for a very boring game of football, especially if you are a Fulham fan. CC as to balance out winning and losing with entertaining the fans, I for one resigned myself at the start of the season to one in which I would be glad if Fulham survived, we have a chance of that, but to be honest we are a very boring team to watch, dont get me wrong I love for Fulham to win, if they lose my whole week is shot, but when they have been on the box they have not impressed. I dont mind CC playing 4-5-1 against the top teams but when he plays WBA at home or Watford or derby and still plays it, i have a major problem with that. Against Spurs he as a choice does he think we can do them by going for it, or sit back and soak up the pressure and get a draw, I would love a point but would it not be nice if we go for it and play some good football doing it, instead of sitting back and relying on the breakaway.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: 4-5-1 v 4-4-2

I say we go with the 4-4-2. The 4-5-1 is not the way to go against Spurs. I think Andy Cole would have better success if someone was up front with him doing work. The 4-5-1, whether it is boring or not, is just not the formation for this group of players. I think it is time for a change in formations, but unfortunately I do not think it will happen Saturday.

More importantly than that is the fact that this team needs to get out early. So many times Fulham comes out of the gate lackluster and looking like crap. It usually takes a goal by the opposition of halftime to kickstart this team. That needs to change. Whether it be the players mental approach to the match or Coleman's lack of motivational skills, the players need to be ready to go from the first minute.
    If that is the case, I think we can get out of White Hart Lane with at least a point if not more.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: 4-5-1 v 4-4-2

;)