FULHAM V. Middlesbrough [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Dec 11, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Time to put the match vs. Liverpool behind us. DONE.

The line up against 'boro is anybody's guess really.

Lastuvka

Volz -- Knight -- Christenval -- 3U's

Routledge -- Jensen -- Brown -- Boa

McBride -- Runstrom

There I did it.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Will Coleman drop Pearce? I kind of doubt it for some reason. Runstrom getting a start? Hmm...has Coleman said anything about giving this kid a shot?

Lastuvka
    Rosenior---Knight---Christenval---Q
    Volz---Jensen---Brown---Routledge
    McB--HH

I don't even know what to expect anymore. And I'm not really looking forward to watching this game, I don't think either team is going to put on much of a show. Fulham look to be slogging it out the past few games and going through the motions (Arsenal aside) and I wish I could say different. Bring in the New Year cheer. I'm saying a 1-1 draw.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Would CC drop Rosenior.

Pearce? Is he this year's Knight? (Plays well at times but does at least one horribly stupid thing a game, which with our defense we cannot afford.)

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

It's hard to drop Rosenior, he has played really well in his normal position and has been filling in on the wrong side since Franc got injured.

If Christenval is ready then get Peace out.

I don't know what the news is on Diop's injury, but I thought he played very well in his defensive duties against Liverpool, and having go over the highlights again I thought that Boa did a lot of defensive work and worked hard for the team.

I have to say that I have little faith in HH as a prolific goal scorer and we still are not playing a system that suits McBride. I have never seen Runstrom play so if anyone can shed any light on the type of player he is....

----------- Lastuvka -----------------

Liam -- Knight -- Christenval -- 3U's

Routledge -- Diop -- Brown -- Radz

---------- McBride ----- Boa -----------

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

You can't drop the best player on the pitch, Rosenior.
    And after Pearce's horrid display and genuine run of bad luck, I think you have to sit the fella.

Here's my take:

-----------Lastuvka (please hurry up and get better, Niemi!) --------

---- Rosenior ------ Knight ------ Christenval ------- Queuedrue ----

---- Routledge -------- Jensen --------- Brown ------- Boa/Radz ----

------------ Helguson ------------------------ McBride -----------------

Bench:
    Radz/Boa
    John
    Volz
    Bocanegra
    Back-Up Keeper

We need to get down right offensive for this match. Sorry Pearcey, but you need a little time off. Don't take it personally, just consider it an opportunity to change your mo-jo and get in some more working out time.

We WILL WIN! Fulham 2 - 0 'Boro.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Gotta go with my man PCB in both the lineup and the result. Let's give Christenval a three-match run. Let's have two wide players feeding two aerial threats. Let's also inform Jensen that he's keeping Dempsey's position manned until mid-Feb so make the most of it NOW.

Three points here and three more off the Hampsters and I won't have to get out my CC avatar.

Speaking of which, does the broadloom on Volzy's chest on DCH's new avatar freak anybody else as much as it does me?

7. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Will this game be on Fox? 3-1 FULHAM.

8. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

http://www.volzy.com/hoff/the_hoff_vice.pdf contains a pdf of the whole article with a full sized version of the picture. He's a little German genius.

9. americanmike

Sorry, that was my bad. I didn't mean to leave off Rosenior, put him in for Volz although I'd like to have them both out there.

Fact is, we need to score goals and we just aren't even creating enough chances let alone putting any in the back of the net. We really do need 9 points from the next 3 games if we are to finally say we are 'safe' from any further demise. Anything less and we're left questioning our position. I've personally had enough of doing that.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

12 by 12/31!
    12 by 12/31!!
    12 by 12/31!!!

Altogether now, 12 by 12/31!!! 12 by 12/31!!!!

Keep it going now, 12 by 12/31!!! 12 by 12/31!!!

12 by 12/31!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: FULHAM V. Middlesbrough [R]

According to livesoccertv.com (and confirmed by foxsports.com)... no. :(

12. psand22

psand22 Member

RE: Re: RE: FULHAM V. Middlesbrough [R]

I agree it's time to wake up and play a few quality games in a row. We have a good opportunity to pick up 9 pts in the next 3 games, but can we avoid a let down? I think we get off to a good start with a 2-1 victory.

Lastuvka
    Liam - Knight - Cristenval - Que
    Rout - Jensen - Brown - Boa
    McBride - John

I added John to give him one more chance...it's time for him to step up or step off the pitch for good.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: FULHAM V. Middlesbrough [R]

Yes, this match will be shown LIVE on Fox Soccer Channel on Monday, December 18th at 3:00PM EST/2:00PM CST.

14. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Since all of our psychological mumbo-jumbo backfired last week, I'm going to go with simple pity this week. To any players reading this, please, guys, if you do not beat Middlesbrough, I will break down and weep like a little girl with a skinned knee in front of my family. Please, Boa, Liam, Zat, et al., don't make my children see me like that. Do you want that sort of psychological scarring on your consciences? 3-1 to the good. Think of the children, fellas.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Please guys, take pity and win. We don't want ChicagoFan as part of the "Women of FulhamUSA" page!

16. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i'll go further...i'll start cheering for Chelsea if you don't pull out this one....Now that is called putting ALL THE MARBLES on the table. Bring me the W you Whites!!!!!!!

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not go saying anything we might regret. :shock:

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Drastic. But maybe drastic times.....

You won't find me going that route though.

19. americanmike

FFC vs. Boro Match Facts

FULHAM against Middlesbrough is a Monday night mid-table match-up between two clubs who've gained three points from the last 15 on offer. The Cottagers have won one and lost four of their last five, the Teessiders have drawn three and lost two of theirs.

Chris Coleman' side go into this round of matches second bottom in the Premiership's "Last Six Current Form" table. They have been consistently inconsistent at home, winning every other of their eight games.

These clubs have never met outside the League. This is their 51st meeting and 11th in the Premiership.

MIDDLESBROUGH are averaging a point a game this season, which is relegation form if maintained over the entire campaign. They're yet to win away from home under Gareth Southgate.

Steve McClaren's last League game in charge of 'Boro was this corresponding fixture at the end of last season. Heidar Helguson's penalty separated the sides, even though McClaren fielded a below strength outfit ahead of the Uefa Cup final. This time around the fixture is a clash between the second youngest (Southgate) and third youngest (Coleman) managers in the highest League.

FULHAM

The Teessiders have only taken points off Fulham once in the Premiership in London. They won 0-2 on 25 August 2004, courtesy of goals from Mark Viduka and Szilard Nemeth.

Brian McBRIDE is Fulham's leading scorer, with four goals.

Only Liam ROSENIOR has been on the field for every minute of every one of Fulham's Premiership matches this season.

Franck QUEUDRUE made 199 appearances and scored 12 goals for Middlesbrough (11 goals in 150 Premiership appearances) in five seasons from October 2001.

Deputy keeper Mark CROSSLEY is also a former Middlesbrough player.

Mark PEMBRIDGE needs one more appearance to total 400 in his English League career (Luton, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Everton and Fulham).

If he figures, NICLAS JENSEN will be making his 50th Premiership appearance (Manchester City and Fulham).

If on the field from the outset, Ian PEARCE will be making his 50th Premiership start in Fulham colours.

If selected in the 11, Tomasz RADZINSKI will be making his 150th start for an English club (Everton and Fulham).

If he appears, Moritz VOLZ will be making his 100th League appearance for the Cottagers.

MIDDLESBROUGH

Aiyegbeni YAKUBU is Middlesbrough's top scorer with five goals - all in the Premiership.

Goalkeeper Mark SCHWARZER is the only player to have been on the field for every minute of Middlesbrough's Premiership matches this season.

If he participates, defender Andrew DAVIES will be playing the day after his 22nd birthday.

When he next plays from the outset, Chris RIGGOTT will be making his 100th start for the Riversiders.

Suspended: Emanuel POGATETZ

20. americanmike

RE: FFC vs. Boro Match Facts

Now I rarely ever make predictions but I see 3-1 Fulham.

COYSW's