Fulham V. Chelsea

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Mar 16, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

You know what? I was going to say "God Help Us" again but screw it. We have nothing to lose from going all out against the blue poo down the road and if we have any luck coming out way, we'll have some of our missing players back in action.

This is a match that we are expected to lose but again, it may be the match we need to have the team come together. Although, there were rumors flying around that some of our own players had a bust up in the tunnel.

Line up:

Warner (if Niemi is hurt)

Liam -- Boca -- Goma -- Bridge

Brown -- Bouba -- Malbranque -- Boa

HH -- McBride

I hate Chelsea...COYW's!!!!!!!!

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

If Knight plays then it's definate--he has pictures of Cookie with young boys...

3. RDG

RDG Member

Anyone in the NYC area feel like meeting up for this one? Ok, so the odds are against us, but it could be good if they play with the heart that they showed yesterday. Just remember that Chelsea seem to play lucky (like that 90th minute goal this weekend from the defender!) and can be beaten. Or at least drawn. Or, we could play well and lose in the added time . . .

Awwwww, anyone just want to go for a few beers on Sunday morning?

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Team

Niemi

Volz-Christanval-Boca-Rosenior
    Malbranque-Brown-Diop
    Elrich-John-Boa

Elrich should be given another chance.Radz hasnt done anything to start and Malbranque is better in central midfield. Also Mcbride and Helguson have been rubbish the last few games. John came in against Everton and almost started a comeback from 3-0 down on his own then he scored against LFC. John is also used to the 4-3-3 formation as thats the Dutch formation. This is a must win especially if teams below us get a result.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Re: RE: Fulham V. Chelsea

Sorry dude, but the 'usual suspects' will be at the Montauk St. Patty's day parade on Sunday! So we'll, at the very least, have a few beers.

As for FFC24, I want what you are smokin' pal. That front line up is 2 things:
    A.) Never going to happen
    B.) Never going to happen

So give me a line up that Cookie may remotely have a chance of starting against the scum.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Fulham V. Chelsea

This match will obviously be tough to win. Even if Fulham plays at their very best, there is still a chance they might not win this match. As someone mentioned earlier, the fact that Chelsea has an FA Cup quarterfinal against Newcastle on Wednesday might help Fulham some, but with the number of quality players at Mourinho's disposal, Fulham is guaranteed to be facing stiff competition.

I do not like the looks of this match. Fulham has not responded well of late to any kind of criticism and with the pressure mounting about the future of Coleman and relelgation, I do not see this team getting a result Sunday.

However, I am hoping the flare and energy return to the team as a good moral victory of hanging close and scoring a goal might help this team snap out of the funk it is in. I just hope the boys show up and play hard. That is not asking much.

7. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Fulham V. Chelsea

I can't even discuss this one...

I dont think any of the should be's will play... I would be surprised if I see Niemi, Bouba, Christianval, Volz, Boca, Goma, McBride or Helguson... this lineup coming should have vegas odds applied to it.

I do however think that Wayne Bridge will not play as is the case of most loaned players against their true team.

Who knows... 4-1 Chelsea.... '

Honestly I'm hoping the team tanks on purpose as to help show Cookie the door.

8. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Chelsea

Neimi is still injured, Bridge is not allowed to play because of the loan agreement, diop is still injured (bruised foot!!!!!!!!!) Boca is not even in the squad. On paper this is another win for the Blues, especially with the team CC will pick and the recent run of defeats we have endured. In the old days this was the game of the year for Fulham and Chelsea fans, my dad used to go to Stamford Bridge one week them the Cottage the next, but was a whites fan thru and thru, this used to be one of those games that the pundits would say if you are a Fulham or Chelsea fan you can lose all year but if you win this one ETC.ETC. like the Red Sox and yankees. In recent years it as become less of a game because in all honesty the Blues have not really had much to worry about, they have for the most part outclassed us, but for some reason Fulham have played them tough, take Boxing day, how many other teams have scored twice on them at their home patch, I can only think of Barcelona and that was aginst 10 men. This is a game for CC to show his team and the fans his mettle he as to infuse the same desire and motivation that all of us Fans have about this one into his squad, we play them on our patch, where apart from Arsenal we have matched and usually beaten the best in the league this season, they do have an important game in midweek and would not be human if they are not looking over their shoulders at that one, because quite honestly they could coast for the rest of the season and still win the league by an healthy margin, they aslo have a lot of international players eho are in teams with a chance this summer, who again would not be human if they were not begining to look at June coming up fast. No on paper this ones all over but they are only humans out there and football always throws up the odd score almost every week, I honestly believe that if Mr. Coleman gets them up for it, and gets them as motivated as all of us fans and reminds them what this game means to a Fulham fan, anything is possible, at the very least if we go down tomorrow lets go down beaten by a better team and not by a poor performance of our squad, if we do go down and have played our hearts out then it will set us up for what is a much easier rest of the season, and lest get real two more wins and we are safe for another year. Good news already Everton 2 - Villa 0

9. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

update

Its 3-0 now, thats making 3-1 last week look like a good result

10. rumstove

rumstove New Member

RE: update

1-0!!! What a great win!!!

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Great Win!!!!! Unbelievable. Three great points. Phew...was very nervous at the end. But the cheats couldn't steal this one. Great job, Fulham.

12. sfm

sfm Member

If anyone in NY City wants to join me in raising a toast to Cookie and the lads this afternoon, pls revert soon, as I have an early evening flight to catch. 19 March 2006 is now a date no FFC supporter shall ever forget!

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

When is the lasttime you saw a striker act like Drogba.. they are few and far between, thank god!

Chelskum's performance today was, from Jim's account, pitiful. What sports!

Now as to the CC out brigade, i hate to say it (thus wont post it on the offal) but this performance was typical of a team that really likes their manager but needs a better manager so as to not be so mercurial. We've all seen that before.

Here's hoping that CC gets it right the next few games... this is hard on the emotions.

14. FulhamCubin

FulhamCubin New Member

Wow, what a great game to watch (I was in a Chelsea pub too). You could really tell Fulham was working their asses off and the little fight at the end was hilarious...you can tell a certain team isn't used to losing. Well hopefully they can keep it up for the rest of the season.

15. ob

ob New Member

What great game. I'm so happy. COYW!!!

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Fantastic result!!! I am wearing my Fulham gear with unbridled pride this week. However, I agree with pettyfog a few posts up.

17. DCDave

DCDave Member

I didn't see it because I was on the way to a spring training baseball game, but I followed it on my cell phone. A great game, but ht was nerve-raking to follow it on my phone!

18. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Well this made my day. I watched the text commentary on espn gamecast. I really wish I could have been there to celebrate. Roman Abramovic was spotted in the crowd. How wonderful for him to come out and see his high priced team loose.

Edit: I had a lot to drink the other night and went out to the bar scene in downtown Athens, ga. I wore my fulham hat and scarf and told everyone I saw that Fulham was going to beat chelski. Sometimes you have to represent when you are the only supporter in a city. LOL.

19. Zack

Zack New Member

my club team won 4-2 and getting home to see FULHAM 1 and chelsea NILLLLLLLLLLLLL was FAN FREAKIN TASTIC...........................although i quickly got a bit sad as my Tar Heels lost to a super power in basketball.....but enough of that, back to the 3 points to help stay in the prem and to a GREAT bus ride home for "Dont cry for me mourhino (sounds like MORON if you say his last name right)" and the other gazzailonares in blue....COYW!!!!!!!!

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

For those wanting to relive it theres a couple of FSC replays (all eastern)
    Wensday at 5.30pm
    Thursday at 3am
    Thursday at noon
    and the Fanzone version which will be alot of fun at 4am Friday

Biggest win since I started watching Fulham. I know I personally am going to tape this one a put in a safe place. It'll be fun to rewatch this one a few years down the road.