Fulham V Blackburn

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Aug 15, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I really think we can pull away with a win against Blackburn. If their defense plays twice as good as they did last week, we should still score a few goals.

McBride and Radz to start up front. Collins to come in later on...I really rate Radz and he has worked his socks off this preseason.

COYW's

2. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

well i think that it's a good thing that Ronenior is out for this match...i don't think that it's a great match to come back in to...i'm also pleased that Dickov is out too, the sh!t stirring little creep!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I believe Radz has been ruled out for the next few matches with a hamstring injury he picked up late in the 1st half on Saturday. I think it will be McBride and Collins John up front with Helguson coming off the bench.

4. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

RE: Re: Fulham V Blackburn

*insert bad Fulham v Blackburn flashbacks here*

Different team. Different Year. 3-1 Fulham.

5. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

i was quite pleased that i made the long journey up to Blackburn at the end of last season....the fans were really getting annoyed when we started singing 'we only had 10 men' (to the tune of There's only one Lee clark) :)

6. martin

martin New Member

Blackburn is there for the taking. I like our chances but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bellamy knock one in. 2-1 Fulham.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: Fulham V Blackburn

MW2, will you be heading up to Ewood Park this Saturday?

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: Fulham V Blackburn

While we complain about our back line, it's no doubting that Rovers have worse problems, dating back to last season.
    {added: Yet I read somewhere yesterday that it's a GOOD back line! How can that be?}
    I highly doubt GK Brad Friedel has deteriorated in his skills (Prem Keeper of Year a few seasons ago) to the point of assuming blame so it must be in the defensive line.
    Friedel did his part giving up USA, now Hughes has to look to himself.

Meantime, let's hope that McBride has as much luck against his old Crew mate as he did against Keller

9. martin

martin New Member

What is the status of Radz? Tom's preview indicates he is out, but Cookie's comments and the preview on the official site indicate he will play. Can anyone shed some light on this?

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I personally do not think Radz will be ready tomorrow. In fact, I would be surprised to see him anytime before Newcastle on Sept 10th. However, I could be wrong. I just know from my experiences with reading what the club says that it is a load of crap more times than not.

Thus, when I wrote that Radz would be out, that is my take on his injury. With 3 matches in the next 7 days, Fulham does not want to take any chances with him further injuring that hamstring. That is my logic behind the Radz injury and what I wrote.

11. pettyfog

And you are right... (hop on over to that next thread, folks)... wouldnt be the first time Cookie used managerspeak to the fans.

Coleman is seldom at a loss for words; if his commments are extemporaneous, he says it like it is in his view.

If he has time to think about it, it's likely a load of BS.

12. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Sometimes the BS is intended for the opponent, which is exactly who he should be thinking about right now..

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

UNACCEPTABLE!!! We lost 2-1 at Blackburn and they were undermanned today withouth Bellamy and Dickov. This my friends is not a good sign of things to come!! With matches against Arsenal, Everton and Newcastle coming up, we could be setting ourselves up to be in trouble all year long.

14. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Blackburn and season

Did anyone really believe we were going to have a better season than last year, the squad is weaker then last year, and the midfield that i keep hearing so much about half of it does not really want to play for the team and wants to move on. The manager said as much himself a few weeks ago when he pretty much gave you an insight to the season by talking about surviving before the season starts. It is a fact that this team is just plain not good enough CC knows it but as a job to do and he will do it as good as he can until he is relieved which probably wont be long, but even that might not happen as Al Fayed seems to not be at all interested anymore, and to be a team who matters in the premier these days you have to have a backer who as a bottomless money pit, and he just does not have that anymore especially where Fulham are concerned. This squad cannot hope to compete with the top teams and games against teams like Blackburn is where you must get results, and I know everyone wants Fulham to be in the top flight, but ask yourself this WHY, we struggle every week to get a result, there is not an easy game in the schedule, even West Ham are undefeated with 4 pts already, and who out there can honestly say we will have that lofty total after 5 games!!!!!!! No somehwere along the line reality kicks in, the management accepts the fact that this squad cannot hope to compete with the big uns, because they cannot compete with the finances of the big boys, when teams like Bolton can attract superstars form Asia, and day in and day out the only rumours you hear about Fulham are about players who may leave, you know this is going to be a long hard season. I will always support Fulham as i have done for 50 years no matter where they play, but would rather them play in a division where they can compete than be one of the whipping boys for the rest of the season, for the likes of Arsenal, man u, chelsea and Blackburn?????????? I hope in my heart they can turn it around but the signs are not there, and its a long time until May, when i really believe we will be getting ready to play the likes of Watford.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Blackburn and season

Well, there is one thing to be happy about, we have a point out of two games. There are still teams in the Prem that have yet to earn a point, and they don't look anywhere near getting one. I think once we get our defense out of the infimary we'll perform better.

Does anyone find it a bit insane that Blackburn committed 26 fouls and yet no one was sent off?

16. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

RE: Blackburn and season

Hey CT,

No i didn't make the coach journey up to Blackburn this time...it's an aweful long way and in retrospect, i'm quite pleased that i didn't!!

I am now very worried about the way this season is going to go for us...we needed those points yesterday and with a stack of matches coming up against very strong teams i fear that we may be in trouble....i'm hoping that we may see a very fulhamish win in an upcoming match!

17. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Blackburn and season

I will make a comment on this tomorrow evening after I watch the replay of the match on FSC.

18. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Blackburn and season

Well, Tom... I wont spoil it for you... but IMO, those two goals by Blackburn were candidates for GOTW.

Frankly, watching highlights, I didnt see a whole lot to worry about, save we NEED Goma back ASAP.

And McB scores two goals in 4 days for two teams without using his head or his instep.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

That was just horrible. Blackburn could of had this game by halftime. Lucas Neill was playing like Cafu and one of his shots hit the bar.Warner had to make 2 or 3 brillant saves and pretty much everybody who went forward for Blackburn were dangerous.Our defense is rubbish at best. Rosenior isnt gonna come back until the Everton match which means Volz is gonna have to start against Arsenal and he has been horrible. Jensen is probably the only defender that has actually played well.Its not just the defense though our Midfield has also played bad football. Malbranque is not a right winger and should be playing in the central of the midfield. Jensen has not played well in the first 2 games and really should be on the bench. With the 3 games against Arsenal,Everton and Newcastle Fulham could have just the 1 point.

20. Whites_and_WhiteSoxFan

Whites_and_WhiteSoxFan New Member

Just finished watching the match...

The two goals by Blackburn were unbelievable! Nothing we could've done about either one. Outstanding strikes both. The defense was in some trouble many times though. It could've been worse.

It appeared we had some trouble putting more than 4 or 5 passes together. We came out strong in the 2nd half, but once Tougay scored the go ahead goal, it pretty much took the wind out of the sails.

We desperately needed those points, and it is going to be a tough road ahead.

In response to the question about Blackburn players being sent off... I don't think so. None of the fouls were bad enough for a sending off, and even the first yellow was a little harsh.