Fulham @ Liverpool

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Nov 7, 2007.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well, Fulham got five points from their 9-point plan.

Now they're on a "lets get as many points as we humanly can" plan until mid-December. And its starts Saturday at Anfield.

Although they demolished besiktas yesterday, the scousers have a whopping single victory at home - which was to derby wayy back on september 1st.

Yet they've also only let up 4 goals.

Fulham will be lucky to draw. I just hope it wont be another repeat of last season's 4-0 embarrasment.

And I really hope Carragher (FINALLY) gets red carded for playing rugby.

2-1 'Pool.

2. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

1-0 to Fulham

Goal - Healy (pen 88')

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I think we will lose, sadly. But I also believe a tie is totally possible. The key will be to play our aggresive play we saw in the first couple of games. Get to the ball quick and play smart. Liverpool is not a team to take lightly. Their European Champion's game shows they have many attacking options.

I think it'll be a 1 - 1 tie with a goal from Simon Davis, as he has been in top form the past two games.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I will just say that Healy is key to this match, this is his type of game and will have to prove himself.

I have faith in Fulham's ability.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

how bout a Deuce-peat? Fulham 1-0 off a crafty Deuce goal much like last years. Ok...i'm dreaming. I won't say what I think the score will be cuz I'll be sick from reading it

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

2-0 Liverpool, although I'll be delighted to be wrong.

My lineup:
    --------------Niemi----------------
    Ashton---Hughes---Stef----Boca (can Ashton even play RB?)
    Davies--Davis---Deuce---Bouazza
    ------Kuqi----------Healy-----------

Bench:
    Warner
    Leijer
    Seol
    Smertin
    Kamara

7. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I think Baird will be back, since he plans on playing for NI next week. Other than that, lineup above looks good to me. Maybe Smertin for Davis, with Davis coming on later.

8. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

See, I like Smertin too, but where's the love for Steven Davis? (And I'm not singling you out, Richard, I think everyone undervalues him :D) If they kept stats like "balls won in midfield" and "possessions saved with a shrewd pass" or "successful tackles executed without fouling a man," Davis would be Fulham's runaway leader in all those categories. He does all the little things and he's so underappreciated. He's one of my favorite players on the team.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like Davis also. My only changes would be:

Boca for Ashton
    Baird for Omozusi
    Smertin for Murphy
    Kuqi for Kamara
    Healy for Bouazza

Figure that the three 30 minute subs would be Murphy, Kamara, Bouazza.

no prediction again.

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Damn Scousers...they went and woke up yesterday and I don't see any positives for Fulham from the 8-0 woodshedding.

If Rafa sends out the same lineup as against Besiktas, Whites lose 3-1. If Rafa rotates, 1-1.

Come on squad rotation!!!!!

11. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I watched the Liverpool v. Besiktas match on Tuesday and I am a bit worried that Fulham is catching Liverpool at the worst time possible. The Reds have just as many attacking options and when they all click, like they did on Tuesday, it can turn ugly sharpishly. That being said, Fulham is also coming off a good result and will be looking to keep the good mojo moving.

Hoping to see Kuqi feature up top with Healy and then Kamara as a late sub. His pace could throw off Liverpool for a late goal. So, I agree with Don's lineup and I am hoping Fulham can grind out a result.

I've been out and about touring all that England has to offer so it has been hard to keep up on the MB. It has been Liverpool, Manchester, Brighton, York... the list goes on and that is just in the past two weeks. Hopefully most will get a chance to watch the match this weekend and I'll try to find some pub playing it as well.

Enjoy the weekend.

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Re: RE: Fulham @ Liverpool

I'm with d-o- to the double- g. Dempsey seems to be a streaky scorer. He has as good if not better a chance to scaore against the 'Pool as anyone on the squad. But, if you insist Healy will score also, perhaps then 2(+1?)-2 may be the final.

-------------------------------- Niemi -----------------------------------

--- Baird (surprise!) ------ Hughes ----- Stefanovich ----- Boca ---

-------------------------------------- Smertin --------------------------
    ----- Davies ---------- Davis ------------------------ Dempsey ------

---------------- Healy ------------------------------ Kamara ----------

Subs:
    Kuqi
    Seol
    Ashton
    Murphy
    Warner

13. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Liverpool

I have no further important knowledge to spout other than ... COYMFW!!

:banana:

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham @ Liverpool

We all know that a lesser team beats a better team by playing just dis-organized enough to take the stars out of their game.

It aint 'ball-skills' by itself that wins. Here's hoping for some luck.. and grit.

15. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I think we could get a draw up there. We'll probably lose... I just hope we are in it for the whole 90 minutes. RB situation is a problem. Definitely think we can score on them.

I bet we play some long-ball as well.

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I sure hope we DO play some long-ball!

Why do people have problems relating 'long-ball' to NFL QB's throwing the bomb? Keeps the other team off-guard, or honest.

17. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

As my predictions are usuallly so horrendous that I can usually just claim I was joking, I will say Fulham take all three points thanks to two lightning strikes from Healy and Dempsey in the first half. Then, in the second half, Liverpool have two lightning strikes of their own, but theirs are literally lightning strikes, as Carragher and Benitez are both reduced to smoking piles of ash in an instant.

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Won't be finding out the result of this one until Monday afternoon. Going with a group to San Felipe (Baja, Mexico). A date with a fishing pole, the Sea of Cortez, and more than a few Dos Equis is calling. Not very optomistic, with the backline that will likely start being, what's the word I'm looking for?....SLOW!! I think you aren't able to appeal a red card (unless its a straight red), but it's too bad Omozusi isn't able to play, that second yellow was brutal.

The keys to getting a result; Superhero continuing to stand on his head, withstand the initial 15 minute onslaught and get our teeth into the match, the ref being a non-factor (wonder which way the bad calls will go at Anfield? :shock: ), above all convert the first or second chance and let the Reds know that aren't playing Besiktas anymore.

Hope the game is a good one, especially for the San Francisco group (Don, remember the camera), and there will be plenty to cheer about.

19. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I am just not capable of saying my team is going to lose. I think we will be helped out by Benitez rotating and possibly one of those lightening strikes that Chicagofan talked about, but the whites will come away with an upset (draw included).

I have invited my son's coach and her son (awesome player) over to watch the game so hopefully I will help convert two more Fulham fans!

20. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

----------Niemi----------
    Baird-Hughes-Stefanic-Boca
    ---------Davis----------
    Davies-----------Bouaza
    --------Dempsey--------
    -----Kuqi-----Healy-----

With Kuqi in there, Dempsey should get more space, where he can create more opportunities. The question is whether Davis can handle the defensive midfielder role against Liverpool's firepower.