Fulham @ Hull

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Mar 25, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Gotta pick ourselves up by our bootstraps.

Although Roy won't do it, I'd really like to see some fresh faces in this lineup. As I mentioned in another thread, our league position is basically signed sealed delivered and our lads are tired.

Plus, Hull are AWFUL. So why risk injury during a trip to Hull when Wolfsburg is next week?

What I'd like to see:

Oz
    Baird (if only to punch Bullard again)--Smalling--Hughes--Shorey
    Riise--The Evidence--Greening--Dempsey
    Zamora--Okaka

Then bring on Brown, Briggs, or maybe even Buchtmann??

FSC is airing the game on delay at 6pm.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I like Timmy's lineup and concur that Fulham have to keep an eye towards Wolfsburg.

coyw

3. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Definitely need to keep an eye on zee Germans, but doesn't it feel like we've been sitting on 38 points for a while now? Hull is a perfect opportunity to put the Whites over 40

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We do what Roy always does. We put out the best players available on the day. And that's exactly what I want. We single-handedly kept these assholes up last season [and Blackburn as well] by dropping all six against them. Even if it means that Wet Spam stay up, I want all three at their patch and then wave bye-bye to their asses as they sink back into the CCC where they belong, except for Jozy, of course, who goes back to the Yellow Submarine.

In the absence of the "next match" feature being updated, I checked on SOCCERNET and, yes Virginia, we're actually playing on Saturday. So is the band and I'll be glad to watch it LIVE when we get back. Be advised, however, that I've heard BOTH Fox Soccer Channel and FSC PLUS will be carrying the match. Check your local listings

Here's what I want:

Supah Aussie; Baird, Hughes, Hangeland, Shorey; Duff, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey; Gera; Zamora.

I would very much like to see Wayne Brown and Rob Milsom on the bench along with Stefano Okaka and I'd like all three of them to feature at some point. Like timmyg, I'd like to see what he can do with BobbyZ.

We're facing the worst defense I've seen since Derby County folks. We win 0-2

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Is Elm available? I wouldn't mind seeing him and Okaka up top and give Bobby a rest; even Dempsey + Okaka up top would work for me.

I like the idea of resting Murphy, Duff, and Hangeland.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don, you just made my stomach lurch with the reminder of those games. Sure, this Fulham is a better side, but those memories... yeccch.

Rest Murphy, Hangeland, and maybe Shorey -- he's played a lot of games too, for Villa and Nott. Forest.

Sure, we reek on the road, but if we can't beat these bunch of clowns, shame on us. They're even worse up front than in the back -- sorry Jozy -- and it's hilarious that Bullard, who's played a bout 6-7 times for them is theiur second leading scorer. VoH, you are to the Premiership what the dog doo in the yard is to my work boots.

1-0 good guys, maybe 2-0.

Screw Hull, you all will not be missed. Have a Coke and a smile.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Wolfsburg is priority number 1,2, and 3. Roy HAS to plan accordingly. For me the Captain has been missing a lot of action and needs to play (at least for the first 60-65 minutes). If Dempsey doesn't start I'm turning off the F%$#ing computer. Bobby was sick (as was Elm), so please start the kid from the start. Also DD needs a break, so put in the little Riise. Hangs shouldn't even be making the trip. West Spam fans are going to hate us, but screw them. We can get a result with those guys.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I'd like to see Wayne Brown start along with some other players from the reserve team. Wolfsburg should be our priority and it would be nice to know of players like Brown and Briggs are any good at this level.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and it WILL be FSC that carries the match.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Part of me just wants to bury Hull but the more practical side of me thinks key players should be rested for the far more important Europa League matches. I don't expect to see this line up but you would hear no complaints from me if what we get for Hull is:

Schwarzer

Kelly-Baird-Smalling-Shorey

Riise-Greening-Dickagoi-Davies

Nevland-Okaka

Bench - Zuber, Hughes, PK, Etuhu, Murphy, Dempsey(for Davies after 45), BZ or Gera

What I expect to see is the normal starting XI with Dempsey getting somewhere between 30-45 minutes as a second half sub.

11. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I'd like to see Shorey on the right and Konch on the left and sub in Baird or Kelly to give PK a rest after 60 or so. Riise, Greening, Chicago and Davies in the middle and Okaka and Dempsey up top. Like some of the other lineups, this won't happen either.

2-1 Fulham and that horrible rotten Rocky Dennis gets the goal for the peanut shells before getting stretchered off with yet another injury later.

12. Kathy

Kathy New Member

REST as many starters as possible so we don't look show up tired and hurt on April Fools' Day.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hanging in before I hit the road some time around kickoff. Here's the pre-match info from The Beeb:

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and Lawro sez:

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And FulhamAg gets his wish to see Shorey AND Konch on the pitch at the same time. Dempsey and Jozy to start

1428: Hull City v Fulham line-ups:
    Hull: Myhill, McShane, Mouyokolo, Sonko, Kilbane, Garcia, Boateng, Bullard, Marney, Fagan, Altidore.
    Subs: Duke, Barmby, Geovanni, Mendy, Vennegoor of Hesselink, Olofinjana, Cairney.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Shorey, Hangeland, Baird, Konchesky, Riise, Smalling, Dikgacoi, Davies, Gera, Dempsey.
    Subs: Zuberbuhler, Okaka, Nevland, Hughes, Etuhu, Stoor, Greening.
    Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

Off to play music on a sunny afternoon at a winery in Texas's beautiful Hill Country. COYW

16. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Just awful. I know we made 6 changes, but HULL NEVER BROKE A SWEAT.

Destroy the game tape, and never make mention of it again.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Only saw the score. I don't care if Jozy plays for them, I despise Hull. From the sounds of it Jimmy celebrated his goal like the w@nker that he is. I won't forget his contributions, but I want to see his @ss get relegated.

18. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I cheated and looked this time. From the lineups, it would appear we treated this one as a bit of a throwaway. Get a result, fine, but if not, the more important thing was resting key players. I have no argument with giving Murph, Bob, Duff and Hughes some rest before the Wolfsburg match.

I just hate losing to Hull and seeing that nappy-headed son of a whore get a goal on my Whites. A clean sheet win on Thursday will make me forget all about it though.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

What a shitty match. Not much you can do when every decision seems to go Hull's way though. No idea how Gera got booked for diving and Jozy didn't on that awful one where he was barely touched by Smalling outside the penalty area.

20. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

:3d nervous: