Fulham Fan from Colorado

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by scottgo10se, Oct 6, 2008.

1. scottgo10se

scottgo10se New Member

It's not easy being a Fulham fan...except that here in the US I don't have to take much grief. I hope they don't put me through another season of near heart failure. If they get relegated I'll never see them on TV. I don't know how I ended up following Fulham when EPL became more available on TV. I think it was because at the time Brian McBride was one of my favorite players from the US. I've often questioned my sanity. Been a huge soccer fan since the early 80's even though I am from the US. I liked soccer before it was cool. (not that it is here yet but much more than it was then). Used to go to Ft Lauderdale Strikers games in the old NASL. Those were the days. :)

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This old NASL San Antonio Thunder fan welcomes you to the site. Hope you enjoy yourself here and post often. About this season ... get plenty of Zantac and Excedrin. It's going to be a long slog until the end of May.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome Scott and enjoy the ride...it seems as if you have already mentally prepared yourself for what could be a rollercoast of a season.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

As so often is the case... my greeting is Howdy! then comes the 'nanny-ism':
    Please click 'my account' on left sidebar and enter your location. We wont remember that you're in colorado {BTW- Grand Junction or Denver? Two whole different things.}
    Then while signed into forum, 'Refresh from PostNuke'

5. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Welcome to FUSA Scott.

6. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Welcome Scott, I'm in colorado as well, denver area. if you're close, maybe we can catch a game one morning at the bulldog.

7. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Welcome Scott.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Welcome Scott, fasten your seat belt and strap your white crash helmet on, it will be a bumpy ride.

9. Bradical

Bradical Member

Welcome Scott - Brad here from Denver. I'm fairly new myself, joining FUSA right before the Great Escape (good timing).

Ditto on dwtondough as far as going to the Bulldog for Fulham games - I was the only Fulham fan there for the Arsenal game (as opposed to many Gooners), and I know that having another Fulham fan around would be helpful if/when the opposing fans get restless (I think they wanted to hang me)...

PS - I used to go to Denver Avalanche games (MISL) in the early '80s!

http://www.oursportscentral.com/misl/avalanche.html

10. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Brad, anytime you are heading up to the bulldog, let me know and I'll try and join you. I'll drive down from Longmont to hang out with fulham fans for the game.

11. scottgo10se

scottgo10se New Member

Thank you for the welcomes...

I will try to make it over to Denver to watch a game with some fellow fans. Never had the experience of having other Fulham fans around. For that matter even other soccer fans unless I am at a game.

I have been to a couple of games at DSG Park. I am a fan of Chicago Fire in the MLS...have been since they started so nothing to do with Brian M but glad he is there. Been to several of their games.

Just wish I had options on TV other than FSC. Seems like Fulham rarely makes the selection list. Usually end up just watching the highlights or following the gametrack on the web.

Glad to meet you all and Go You Whites!