FULHAM @ Everton [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Dec 5, 2007.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Ok. Not time to panic IMO but we need a good showing in a tough place to play against a quality team. We need to make sure we keep a man on Arteta as he can produce moments of brilliance when given time. Their CB's are big, strong, physical, and fast. I think we should try to counter that with more of a possession game and by attacking with through balls on the ground. Here's my lineup:

-----------Neimi--------------
    Ozmusi--Hughes--Stefanovich--Konch
    Davies--Smertin--Dempsey---Bouazza
    -------Kamara--Healy--------

Have Dempsey play up behind the strikers in an attacking mid role.

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Fulham @ Everton

i have no idea how to spell Omuzusi or however it's spelled and i'm too lazy to look

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

just keep spelling it differently each time and you're bound to hit it someday! :D

I like your lineup and philosophy. Who to watch for?
    1. Howard -- having his best year including the year he was rated the EPL's best.
    2. Arteta -- their most creative player
    3. Cahill -- the best Aussie fitba player on the planet.

I think we can take at least a point. Actually, I think we're going to take all three.

COYW!

4. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

2-2

Healy with a Brace.

Still not liking our road form, but I sense back to back wins over New Castle and Wigan in the near future. COYW!!!

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I just "borrowed" this from Soccernet:

Everton have fitness doubts over defender Joseph Yobo and goalkeeper Tim Howard ahead of their crucial UEFA Cup group A clash with newly crowned Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg.

Yobo has an ankle injury while Howard has been suffering from sickness this week, leaving boss David Moyes with concerns as he plans for a match that sees Everton needing just one point to qualify for the next stage.

With veteran defender Alan Stubbs also still out with a knee problem, Moyes may have to play Phil Jagielka in defence, with German keeper Stefan Wessels on stand-by.

If these "knocks" continue through Saturday afternoon, I'm liking our chances. Without Howard, Yobo, AND Stubbs, we can cause havoc in their defense.

Note: this match is on FSC right now. Howard is playing, but Yobo didn't make the bench. We'll see.

6. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I thought it was on Setanta.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The "this match" comment was about the Everton v. Zenit match in the UEFA cup. Sorry for the confusion.

8. jmh

jmh New Member

I've been a huge fan of TIMMY! ever since he was a Metrostar, and I hate wishing ill-fortune on anyone, but if he were to pick up a minor injury and miss Saturday's match, I think I'd be OK with that.

9. psand22

psand22 Member

I like the lineup also, Omsdogg. Let's get Smertin back in there and drop Dempsey to the middle. I see a tie (1-1)...but we'll have our chances to pull it out.

10. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

If their CBs are that big, then we'll need Kuqi up front. Whether we use Healy or Kamara with him is another question - I would tend to think Kamara as he works better in the short passing game than Healy and with Dempsey in the middle, that style will appear more than the "typical" Fulham game.

11. Old_Bugger

Old_Bugger New Member

This is a very hard one to call, the toffee's are a strong, fast, tough tackling team who can play good football-if we get a point out of this it will be a very good result.
    They have some very good ball playing defenders, they can pass and move right from the back to front,with cahill and arteta spraying out lovely crosses to the big and fast strikers-those two tricky midfielders can score the odd one or two as well!!!!
    If we come to play football we have a chance, if we go to defend I think we will get cut to peices
    just how I see it guys

12. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'll be making the trip up there (via the free Fulham coach, thanks FFC!) but i'm not expecting much. We have an awful record up there.

If you are watching it on TV, make sure to keep a look out for the first of three flags we are having made:

[​IMG]

WE ARE FULHAM

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mikey, I'll be listening on the radio. Go and make some noise and have some fun.

I think we're due for a reversal of fortune, so don't be surprised if you bring back a point or three.

14. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Brilliant banner Mike. I'll keep a look out for it.

I am hoping Fulham can steal a point from Goodison, but would love to see them walk away with three. Neither result looks likely. Especially with Fulham's inconsistency in the middle of the park.

Davies, Smertin, Dempsey, Bouazza (or Seol)

Please please let this be the midfield lineup for Fulham. Wouldn't mind seeing Murphy in the middle if Smertin isn't fully fit, but Steven Davis needs to get his head right before Sanchez puts him back in the starting XI. He gifted Ronaldo the first goal and has not completed three consecutive passes for the past 4 fixtures.

Healy and Kuqi up front... could work. Odds are we will see Kamara featured.

Enjoy the trip Mike and any other Fulham supporters make the trek to Liverpool. COYW's. (I'm already missing England like mad...)

15. americanmike

False alarm with the flag...the idiot guys delivering it couldn't get down Orms road due to a trucking blocking it! So it's back at the wharehouse! Ugh...next match!

16. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Were due for a win, we need a win! I'm hoping for the best.

Good to see they got that banner made. Are they planning on following through on any of the others that were proposed?

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Just WIN!

Everton 1 - 2 FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB

18. jlough

jlough New Member

With Everton playing mid-week in a tough match, we could jump out early and hang on for a tie. We are finished away with the Big Four and just need to hang on at the end in this one. Merryside is a tough environment I am told. The schedule gets better and with the return of McBride later in December, Dempsey can get back in to his proper role.

19. americanmike

Update, we may have the banner for tomorrow afterall. We are also going to do the 'Citizen Smith' one Spencer (guy with fist in the air) and probably the Intertoto one as well but Uefa just announced that they are going to scrap that so not sure we'll do that one.

If you have any ideas, just give me/us a shout.

An anonymous donor as give the 'Fulham Flag Fund' £2000 to kick start the campaign.

Back to the match, if we win, I will be buying a big bottle of champagne...COYW's

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

well, smertin is out (from soccernet):

Fulham midfielder Alexey Smertin will miss the clash with Everton because of a muscle problem.

I think we should get some points from Goodison, but my usual unsure self is unsure.

Anything but last season's embarrassment is all i ask for. See everyone in the chat room.