Fulham @ Burnley

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Dec 8, 2009.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Fulham travel to Turf Moor on Saturday. The match will be aired at 7pm on FSC.

For those keeping count, Fulham haven't won there since 1951. That's back when Truman was President, A Street Car Named Desire premiered, and Don (finally) came of age.

Burnley also have the 4th best home record, tied with Soonderlaand but behind Chelsea, ManU, and the Arse. That is some esteemed company.

I'm interested to see how injuries pan out but a point there would be ideal.

1-1.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

The rest of December is going to be a doozie.

Burnley on 12/12: Go for 3 points away, but hope for at least 1.

Basel on 12/16: MUST get a win.

Manchester United on 12/19: Again, go for win at home, but settle for draw.

Tottenham on 12/26: Almost MUST get a win at home.

Chelsea on 12/28: Settle for a draw away, but prepare for a loss.

1/1: Happy Feckin' New Year!!! Yeah, Swindon Town, Stoke, Portsmouth, and Blackburn up next before Tottenham again, but this time at the home of the yids, will seem like a walk in the Park, if we can still walk.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

With three other matches being talked about [one last week, one in 12 days, and one in June], I was wondering where the interest was in THIS Saturday's match v. Burnley.

So, BUMP

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Burnley is looking to survive by making their home ground a fortress and scraping a few points away (only 1 of their 17 points has been earned away). So far they are 5-1-1 at home including a victory over ManU, only Wigan has won up there. Obviously they don't play like a team w/a -14 GD at Turf Moor, so we'll have to match their energy for the full 90.

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Plunder a late goal, grab a draw, then hop the first train to Clarksville and be it as if Fulham were never there...

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

ESPN is showing Stoke and Wigan? :? I thought they were the official home of Burnley.

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I was thinking v Burnley would be a guaranteed showing on ESPN2 in HD as well. Instead we get tape delay. No love for the Fulham stateside.

Burnley are 5-1-1 at home, 11 GF/6 GA. Fulham are 1-3-3 on the road, 7 GF/10 GA. All signs point to a Fulham loss, so I'll go with a 1-1 draw. Reverse Fulhamish. COYW!!

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

One Word... huh?
    - - - -- - - - -
    #$412234#$@#@$!

My comment on those who look it up and see the schedule AFTER I look for it and find nothing.

Why peepul make me go through entire search again instead of just posting a link.!!!

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, crap Matt; no need to respond to my email about making it 9pts of 9 at the Lion and Rose.

I'll be in the chatroom Saturday morning.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

match is 22 hours away.

Thought that deserved a bump

11. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

I'm likin' Demps for a brace....2-1......FULHAM!!!!

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Whats with all this bumping Donny boy? You trying to dance?!?

13. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

This will be tough, maybe too tough, but that Burnley 1-2 FULHAM line looks good enough for me.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wow! I agree with Christian twice in one day! I must be sicker than I thought.

15. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Uh, there was a game today. Not sure if everybody forgot or what...

Anyways, we shouldve won and we shouldn't of settled for a point. We were clearly the better team and we seemed to give up after 80 minutes.

Murphy not getting on the pitch is surprising. If he's not fit, then why waste a bench spot?

Duff was amazing and so was Zamora. Zamora is not the diet Heskey, he is playing better than Heskey ever played. He's scoring goals and providing a fight for whoever he plays against. I hope he can keep it up.

Decent result that shouldve been more. Onto Basel!

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Played well enough for the three points, but didn't get it.

17. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

An expected point in my book. and three points would've been gravy. Too many sloppy giveaways and I agree that Murphy would've been a welcome addition. Due to his omission this match, I hope that Murphy is going to feature prominently in Basel, as I believe he can lead Fulham through.

FFC24, I agree that Zamora is a beast of late, but BZ needs to keep up this pace for a good spell before I'd rate him above Heskey; nevertheless, I'd say they're equals right now. So, did BZ ever play for T & T and can he still play for England?

18. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I don't think he did, but I think the FIFA rule is if you switch after you turn 21, with this new rule change like Zamora did, you can't switch back, even if you don't play for the new country.

But I could be totally wrong as I know like .000000001 percent of FIFA rules. I just remember hearing this during all the Jones/Castillo talk with the US.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Nev, I was overreacting. I'm not used to seeing Zamora play this well so I get a bit carried away. Really, he still has a long way to go before I'm completely sold.

I'd like somebody to answer why Riise doesn't play in the league? He's one of our best players in Europe so this doesn't really make any sense.

Oh and was EJ injured? Because it was Elm, not EJ, who was on the bench.

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

yeah, should've won that.

but fulham havent even drawn there since 1981.

i'll take what i can get.

BIGGGGGGGGG week coming up. good thing it started on a positive note.