Fulham @ Blackburn

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Jan 12, 2010.

1. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Can anyone remember the last time we had a weekend league fixture? I sure can't.

The lads travel up to Blackburn this weekend, weather permitting.

There is also no word on it being televised as FSC has the match scheduled for Saturday, but it got moved to Sunday a few weeks ago. (thanks Sky!) And contractually FSC just HAS to show David Beckham and one of the Big Four, so chances are we won't be seeing it on tv at all -- unless they swap out some tape-delayed Boca Juniors game for us at 5pm.

Anyway, Blackburn just got slapped around by City and should be looking to bounch back. The new lad Okaka Chuka should make an appearance, and hopefully AJ will finally get going.

Fulhamish ALERT: The haven't won since Nov. 22, right before we had our way with them over Thanksgiving. In their last 10 games they've scored just 7 goals while conceding 14.

1-1 draw.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

As Timmyg correctly predicted, FSC's online schedule has live coverage of Milan-Siena at 9am and Bolton-Arsenal at 11am. Of course, it also still says delayed coverage of our match Saturday at 5pm, so the information can't be all that current.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

yes, timmyg, I can remember when we last had a weekend league fixture. It was four days ago -- of course it was cancelled, much as this weekend's fixture might be.

We really need to play this match. Blackburn played yesterday, are scheduled to play Thursday and then again on Sunday [it was moved from Saturday because of the Thursday fixture, by the way]. They have Roberts unfit and McCarthy pulled out injured during yesterday's warmup. They looked WOEFUL against city, with the exception of Pedersen, and really have only a quality midfield. Their defenders are easily turned, their remaining strikers have no idea how to finish, and their GK is only about Englands 5th choice, which means he's almost as good as your average MLS keeper.

We need to turn it on against them. We'll not see them this weak and this knackered again. Here's hoping we don't do what we usually do on the road against crap opponents and play for 0-0.

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

We need to go for their throat. 0-2.

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I saw on my cable TV guide it will be on Sunday on tape delay..5pm Eastern I believe

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Agreed, but I don't think it'll happen. As at the end of the Stoke City, Fulham can fly forward with the best of 'em and I hope we see Gera. Yeah, I said it, I hope we see Gera. Dude has only done everything asked of him this season, and done it well (EXCEPT FOR REVISITING THE LEFT SIDE BLUES!!!). Duff, Dempsey and Gera need to provide the attack - which means we'll see a Danny Murphy goal to silence the naysayers (me included).

Injuries are a problem, damnit. Get well soon, Mr. Zamora. Is Okaka (Sp?) available? Hangman? Konch? Davies? Kamara? AJ?

Unfortunately, Fulham lacks Carlos Tevez (he's so fun to watch) who just destroyed Rovers. Three points is no lock, but I don't see Fulham walking away empty-handed this week either.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Glad to see Blackburn being the side with all the fixtures this week. Obviously Big Sam's eyes are on maximizing their home schedule (their gd at Ewood is +4, compared to their horrendous -22 away) for survival. Would not be surprised in the slightest to see a 0-0, but hoping for a 1-0 for the good guys.

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

So, anyone with any updated info about TV? I may miss it when it's live.

9. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

The original FSC pdf showed it tape-delayed on Saturday.
    It looks like FSC will now show the Sunday match (still tape-delayed):

http://foxsoccer.rayv.com/

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

about the injuries, Hangeland says that he is fit and ready to go. We'll see if Roy wants to risk him. I don't think Okaka will be with the squad until the day AFTER Blackburn, Davies is still injured, Konch is dodgy [but he's been that way all season], AJ is fit [and useless], and I've heard nothing about Kamara other than he's on his way OUT.

Here's what I'd like to see:

Schwarzer; Kelly, Hughes, Hangeland, Kallio; Duff, Murphy, Baird, Gera; Deuce & Nevland

Yep, Deuce to run up front with GJ's heartthrob.

I'm with Christian ... 0-2. Today's League Cup match against Aston Villa means that when we play them it'll be their 3rd 90 minutes in 7 days. Their defense sucks, their strikers are hobbled. Their midfield is good, but isn't enough to save them.

COYW!

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

THANK YOU, Don!!!!

This means A.J. scores at least one goal, maybe both, in the win!!

:banana:

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sorry to disappoint but that is the on-demand streaming schedule.

One FSC page currently SHOWS it being delayed till Friday 22nd 3PM but that is disputed by another page showing a different game at that time.

So I'm not even putting the showing up.

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I just cross referenced the DirecTV, Comcast, and Dish Network and they all have 5pm, Sunday, tape delay.

ANYWAY I WANT SOME SOCCER AND A VICTORY

14. jmh

jmh New Member

My (Time Warner) cable listings also show Sunday 5pm tape delay.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

cool! I can go to church, grab lunch, go see a Sunday matinee, and then come home and watch it "live"!!!!

oh, Nice One, Christian.

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I would like to see Zamora (is he available) and Nevland up top and then bring on 'kaka @ 60 min.

I'm predicting 2 - 2

17. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

1-0 to the good guys. I just hope we don't come out of this trip with yet another player going down. Blackburn away can be a rough endeavor physically.

18. general125

general125 New Member

Since it's an away game, I can't predict a road win.

I'm going to predict a 1-1 draw and an AJ injury in the 60th minute.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

stay safe, 125.

COYW!

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

When I looked at the Fox Website schedule it now shows the game will be aired at 2 pm est, but my direct TV guide says 5 pm est. Oh and in the above post I meant Kamara - losing my mind.