FULHAM @ Blackburn

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by ChicagoTom, May 5, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham travels to Ewood Park on Saturday to play Blackburn. We have two matches remaining in the season and I was hoping after the Everton win we could end the season on a high note. After yesterday's drubbing by Newcastle, that may not happen.

To me, there is a lot to play for in these last two matches. Pride and spots for next season most notable. Just because we have secured our Premiership status for another year is no reason to pack up the cats and call it a season.

How will the team respond to yesterday's loss? Who will be in the lineup? I think these last two matches will tell a lot as to how the players view Chris Coleman as a manager. Will they roll over and play dead or rise to the challenge?

We need to build momentum for next season. What are your thoughts on this match Saturday?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

As we all l have figured out by now, it all depends what Fulham shows up tomorrow which will determine if we win or lose. We don't seem to have a middle ground do we??

3. dukefandave1

dukefandave1 New Member

Looks like the Fulham Club we love showed up. Great overall effort today. Would love to see us win out from here.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: FULHAM @ Blackburn

"Brilliant" Coleman!

Played Radz so he can point to 4-5-1... yet I would love to see how much Radz played "up" to look like 4-4-2.
    Meantime Steed can point to "inside" deployment.. and results of that.

:p

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: FULHAM @ Blackburn

well, I was wrong about Steed. Whatever Cookie said to him must have worked. After going down a goal early, I was worried, but the lads reached down and found an extra gear.

It is unfortunate that Liam got a red card. He will be out next week against Norwich City. We need to pound Norwich next weekend and end the season on a high note.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I am of two minds on Steed's performance... how much of that was fopr Fulham.. how much for 'Profile' for possible resume?

Dunno... we will see.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

If anyone has not seen the highlights, check them out. Some nice goals of course, but Fulham looked ever so sharp in the red uniforms. I really like those uniforms. I wish they sold them at the club shop. Regardless, the uniforms and the team looked great on Saturday.

8. sfm

sfm Member

Great result.. but did anyone see why Zat's (brilliant) strike was ruled out before McBride's goal? Gentleman Jim could not see it in the press-box. I looked for Rosenior interfering in the box on TV later but still could not see the foul. Other than possibly that and the rash foul, I thought young Liam played well. Bocanegra will have lots to play for given the start at left back tomorrow.

Viva El Fulham!

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I thought the foul was called on Zat for climbing and from watching the highlights it looked as though it was a decent call. It was not as though it was a clear cut foul, but with the match being played at Blackburn, it looked like it was a call for the home team. I am just glad the call did not cost us three points ala the Boro match on April 19th.