Fulham @ Birmingham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Dec 7, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Ok, some more twists for this game.

No Bouba correct?!
    No Boa correct?!
    No 220. If you missed his mid-air, head on collision last weekend, Volzy came out with a punctured lung and one hell of a headache.

Come on, give a line up.

I'll even get you started.

Defense:
    Liam -- Boca -- Goma -- N. Jensen

COME ON YOU WHITES, THREE POINTS WOULD BE SPECTACULAR.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Lineup:

Liam, Boca, Goma, N. Jensen
    Radz, Christanval, Leggy, Steed
    McBride, John

We really need to find a way to win this match. It would be a great win for us! Any win is a good win, but a win on the road is extra special!

3. martin

martin New Member

It sucks having so many players out this week, because this is a winnable match. Birmingham has their own injury problems, so maybe that will be a wash. Another clean sheet is in order, Fulham 2 B'ham 0.

4. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Its funny how the team doesnt seem as strong without Bouba in the line up...

Jesus help us...

5. americanmike

I heard leggy had a solid performance against West Brom, hopefully he can keep it up and suprise us all with an outstanding performance. I have faith.

In midfield we could see Pembo? Elrich?? Zesh?? C. Jensen??

6. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Claus Jensen... if he's healthy is the obvious choice... I hope Coleman doesnt get creative here.

Leggy looked like crap his first two appearances of the season... other than that he's been ok, save an own goal.

I didnt see the west brom game... but I'm sure I would have been screaming at the dead snake.

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

C. Jensen is still out with injury i think. Keeping a lid on Heskey will be important for a Fulham win. I think Fulham can get the win even though both teams are missing key midfield players. B.C. 1 - Fulham 2. Goals by John and McBride, two assists for Steed.

8. keithinspain

keithinspain New Member

Fulham vs Birmingham

0-0 at half time,not bad.I'm tuned into the UK's Skysports,and the commentator,Chris Kamara,has said it's a drab match.I don't care,as long as we win.COYW,Keith.

9. americanmike

RE: Fulham vs Birmingham

This loss hurt more than most. A missed opportunity to gain 3 pts away from home as well as a great chance to move away from relegation.

They never do themselves any favors and now we are stuck with this crap result. What was worse for me as their fans being so happy because Fulham gave Birmingham their first Home win all season.

I'm sick of this great bad/bad game crap. Cookie has one more chance with me and then I want him out, out, out.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Fulham vs Birmingham

I posted this on the offal:

Why did McB seem to be in box defense so much of the time

Why is it CJ and Brian still cant 'link up" (suspect the same reason as he couldnt link with Cunningham.)

Why not give Radz a few games withg the reseves, till he gets some goals and his confidence back...

11. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: RE: Fulham vs Birmingham

Its funny but as the original instigator of the 'Coleman Out' Poll last season (which I shall never forget led to the NJ Glen Out Poll), and despite Saturday's terrible performance, I am beginning to feel less animosity towards Cookie and perhaps feel he should have a stay of execution.

Firstly, we were 5 minutes away from a point on saturday which is what most managers would play for with a reduced team and a definite lack of confidence away from home. A valuable point could have been a start to building some success away from home.

Secondly, we do have a small squad and when we lose key players, wed can only hope to gain a point away from home. However, I remain frustrated that we spent a total of $2m this summer on Amhed and HH and neither has had a chance to shine.

Thirdly, our so-called stars need to perform on a consistent basis or we shoudl sell them for players who are more prepared to fight for the team. While I'd hate to lose Steed, we might be better served by a Ray Parlor type player who will give 100 per cent every game. In my opinion, Steed and Santa need to perform more consistently or they can go.

Finally, while CC should remain, its time for that clown Beasant to go. I was never conformtable with him at our club and he's just a patronizing twat who'd rather be at Chelsea but is not good enough.