Fulham away to Chelski

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 19, 2013.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The Not-So-"Special One'-Lately and his troops, fresh off last week's league's loss to Everton and a mid-week CL group play loss to FC Basel host the lads in white at Stamford Bridge in Saturday's late match. The away fans will be in full voice and the team has played pretty well at the Dogtrack the last few years. Not sure yet of the injury status of Berbatov or Bent, but with Ruiz out it will interesting to see what kind of lineup MJ puts out there.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Fulham would be in "dreamland" should they be able to extend the Blues' losing streak - however, I believe that the Whites may feel the brunt of an angry Chelsea squad. A 3-0 plonking may be in order as Chelsea has too much quality, and Fulham, frankly, isn't good at the moment.

COYW

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

What's your prediction for the match?
    My prediction?
    Yes, your prediction.
    Pain.

Two teams in poor form, but one has a better manager, much more talent and is playing at home. I'd love to say Chelsea's midweek match will help us, but they have so much depth it probably isn't a factor. Also, there's little encouragement to draw from seeing how Basel beat them b/c we refuse to play that way.

We lose, 2-0.

If ever there was a time for a Fulhamish result, this would be a good weekend. However, it seems Fulhamish is dead...or severely crippled (at least the positive side anyway). We no longer beat the big boys, we draw at best. Our last win against the big 5 (ManU/City/Arse/Liv/Chel) was a 1-0 victory over Liverpool at the Cottage on May 1, 2012, when we still had Dempsey, Dembele & Murphy. Since they left*, we are 0-2-10 in our last 12 (that includes 11 Prem matches & the FA Cup loss @ ManU last season) and have lost 8 in a row.

*Dembele played in that first loss to ManU last season.

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

There's no reason to be optimistic about a result here. And recent form, as Matthew so eloquently put it, rules out any sort of "Fulhamish" miracle. I'll predict a heroic loss, something like 0-2.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

3-0 -- and that's just the difference between the talent of the squads. We're not even talking about the quality gap between the managers.

6. tim

tim Active Member

Yep, Chelsea will be angry. Even with a full-strength squad we lose this one 3-1. Missing Bryan (and possibly Berba), we don't get the goal. I like HD's 3-0. And once again, our lack of quality will be masked by circumstance and MJ will have excuses.

7. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Murinho's forte is defense and Fulham can't put shots on goal against poor to average sides. I just can't see it going well.

8. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well you guys and your dour predictions have made me do this. We arent the away team we used to be and if Basel can beat them at home so can we. Fulham win 2-1. Goals by Bent and Kaka. :dance:

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Given dour attitudes.. and my willful lack of knowledge of anything...I'll do the 'blind squirrel finds nut/ sec'y wins march madness pool' paradigm and say 'Fulhamish visits': 1-1 'draw'.

10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

No chat for me today, comrades. A co-worker and dear friend is tying the knot today at noon thirty, Eastern. If we beat scummers today, my stock in the manager's sacking pool goes WAY up.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I couldn't make the chat, nor could I do a View because I was helping to organize the San Antonio chapter of the international fundraiser "Playing for Change." I watched it when I got home, but I couldn't stay awake long enough to get enough information for a coherent sentence.

12. evere

evere New Member

I just can't see it going well.