Fulham away to Burnley

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Nov 2, 2015.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Another Tuesday match following a Saturday one. After a poor performance it's always nice to get back on the horse quickly. After a really good one we don't have enough time to savor it, such is life in this division. With this quality of a opponent, it's a good thing we got the 3 points in Bristol. Turfmoor has beeb unkind to visitors w/Burnley going 5-1-1 in league play. They're resembling pretty much all of Burnley's teams over the years; organized, tough-minded, and great at capitalizing on other teams mistakes. Biggest positive we can take going in is that they've only scored 3 goals in a match once this season, so a 1-0, 1-1 scoreline seems likely. Would gladly take a point and be on our way COYW!!!

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

8 goals and six points in the past two games, plus 9 points out of our last five has me giddy...and raising expectations. I say we ride the whirlwind that is Moussa Dembele and get three points on the road. 3-1 good guys, with another brace from #25 and a deserved, overdue goal from James Husband (if he's healthy). Defense is the key, and it's coming around nicely. That'll blunt the home field advantage for the newly relegated Clarets.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

From what I read on the Brit sites, the last time we got a result at Burnley, the president was William McKinlay.

Once again, though, as long as we keep eleven players on the pitch, I think we'll play respectable football. I don't think we'll get three or maybe not even one. I am heartened by the consistent improvement in our football since the window closed.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Burnley are a well organized side under Dyche & getting anything from them on the road will be tough. That said, with the way we've been playing lately, I think we have a shot.

5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Same line-up as Saturday except for a GK change. Maybe we can get the same kind of start.

6. jumpkutz

Still very bullish on this team right now. Burnley are still a threat for promotion, but we'll lick our wounds and get back on the winning trend against Birmingham City Saturday. And we'll get these bastards at home in March and pay them back...with interest.

encorespanish and MicahMan like this.
  7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

No shame in that loss from what I was able to hear. We were also fortunate with how things worked out around us that we didn't lose much ground. Wolverhampton, QPR, and Brentford all lost. Only Ipswich leapfrogged us with a win. Above us Cardiff lost and Sheffield, Reading, and Birmingham all only managed draws.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah; we were tepid in the first half, but came out firing in the second. Kit made formation adjustments and then personnel adjustments. Burnley is presently in the automatic promotion slot for a good reason.

Oh, I was mistaken when I said that the last time we won at Burnley was in the McKinley Administration. The president the last time we won there was Harry Truman.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, not an unexpected result. Accordingly, no need to hang heads.

Also, I once read somewhere that "Dewey Defeats Truman"!!!

10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Highlights. Love Dan Burn's header off the line and some nifty moves at the very end when trying to score.

encorespanish likes this.
  11. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Yep, hard to get too disappointed by that loss. Move on to the next one & get back on track.

Sounds like Lonergan reinjured himself & Fredericks left with an injury? RB & GK have been cursed for us this year.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Last I heard, Lonergan is gone for 6 weeks at least.

13. jumpkutz

Think we can get Schwarzer back on loan from Leicester? He's only 43!

jimsig likes this.