Fulham at Huddersfield Town

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

James Husband has joined the Terriers until next month on an emergency loan, so we'll meet up with him again, if he sees the pitch. Maybe we can get under his skin and get him sent off, since he seems to have tendencies toward that event. They're three spots above us in the table, but that's not really important at the moment. What's important is to get a deserved result, be it 3 points or 1. There doesn't appear to be much improvement since Jokanovic''s arrival. In fact, one could argue we've gotten worse. Difficult to tell what kind of changes he's made on the pitch, but whatever they are, they haven't worked. It's true we've had some bad luck recently offensively, but defensively we're as bad or worse than we've ever been. Lonergan has kept us in the last few games, but it's never good when defenders and the keeper are the prime candidates for MOTM. Outside of McCormack and Lonergan, EVERYBODY'S spot on the game day roster should be up for grabs. We'll have to shut down Nahki Wells, who has 10 goals and impressed a few seasons ago at Bradford City with James Hanson when they earned two trips to Wembley. I hope we try SOMETHING...ANYTHING, to snap out of this skid.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The hosts are in very good form and since Boxing Day are 3-0-2 including thrashing Charlton 5-0 last time out. They are overall 5-3-5 at home with a +6 GD (but again that 5 goal win helps) so not an impossible task to get a result, but two clubs going in the opposite direction at the moment.

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I enjoy saying "Huddersfield Town." 'You know that location up past Lake Forgotten, turn right at the General Store, follow along until the fourth light pole, then hang a right and you're in Huddersfield Town. Ok, they are the "Terriers" so I do like that; but, 19th v. 16th isn't the sexiest of matches. Hopefully Fulham can pull one out. COYW!

SoCalJoe likes this.
  4. jumpkutz

An interesting lineup and bench. At least he's trying something different.

[​IMG]

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

By the looks of it we're trying something different this week. Jokanovic said he wanted to control the ball more and be more aggressive so adding a 5th midfielder appears to be approach he's taken.
    In the past when we've had a lineup like this it feels like McCormack doesn't press forward enough, so we'll have to see if can be threatening with this 11.

I'm not a big fan of the Hutchinson/Burn pairing. I know Burn has some fans here, but I'm not one of them. On the plus side I think we've only given up a goal on one corner in the Jokanovic era.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

With nobody to do his running for him, it'll be interesting to see if Ross spends any time in Huddersfield's half.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Bad feeling about this one. Please shoot the ball, Fulham, please.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Useful if unexciting point.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

true, still I feel like we just won a cup or something

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Really? I had to put a lot of effort in staying awake towards the end of that one.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Speaking of which, I went to the room to read it, and it was so full that it began with the final whistle. THAT, at least, is encouraging. I've been in the room on match days where only about three of us made more than a half-page's worth of comment for the entire match.

I've got church commitments next weekend which will most likely keep me away, but I'll be back for the banter very soon.

And I think we're about ready to right the ship and sail on to 10th place or so.

12. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

13. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

It feels like Jokanovic is still in the lab tinkering to find his XI and exactly how he wants them to play. We've been in every game and have been a little unlucky, so I think we'll be fine once he gets it sorted.

jumpkutz likes this.
  14. jumpkutz

So our potential winning goal is wrongly disallowed for a phantom offside call while scum get an extra minute AND and an obvious UNCALLED offside on the punk Terry to get an undeserved draw at the dog track against Everton. As far as our boys, I don't know if this can be considered progress or not. I guess we'll see what happens next weekend at home to determine that.

15. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

For a season where Fulham is giving up 23432453245325 goals, Andy Lonergan is having himself a nice season. He is good for 3-4 great saves a game it seems based on the highlights.

16. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I still don't seen any evidence of an improved team. We slipped closer to relegation with managerless Bristol City's shocking injury time winner vs. #1 Middlesbrough. Just 4 points above the drop now. I'm not concerned too much, but we do need to start winning more than once every dozen matches.

Official highlights from a camera that doesn't have a zoom apparently:

encorespanish likes this.