Fulham at Disneyworld

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jimsig, Oct 27, 2014.

1. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Yesterday at Animal Kingdom I wore my 2007-08 Great Escape away shirt and ended up having 2 conversations about Fulham. First was with an American at lunch he asked me how Fulham did over the weekend and went from there. The second was a Londoner who had been a season ticket holder but gave them up when he had kids a few years ago, but planned on getting them again. The best though was with a Chelski fan. We both looked at each other and just nodded and then went our separate ways. :)

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Too good a story to get bumped off the page by Swansea dinette sets.

jimsig likes this.
  3. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I will say I saw more soccer shirts then any other sport while there. James shirts out numbered all the rest. Mostly Columbia but a few Real thrown in. Also saw the usual Manure, Arsenal, etc. but also a few like Villa and even Shrewsbury. I should have brought my Braintree Town FC shirt.

4. tim

tim Active Member

A somewhat similar story to share...late in the summer I was attending a music festival here in L.A. while wearing last season's away shirt. From about 20 feet away, a young man looked directly at me and started making his way toward me. Now I'm terrible with faces, so I'm racking my brain to determine if I know him (all the way back to high school? maybe college? someone I've met through work?). Nope. He walks up to me and with a tone that was a mix of surprise/teasing/sympathy, said simply "You're a Fulham fan?" From his accent, obviously a Brit, though from our conversation, obviously not a fellow supporter.

And, it should be known, this is not the first time I've gotten that very reaction. Fulham--causing British tourists visiting L.A. confusion since 1879.

jimsig, encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

classic!