Fulham Alumni Report

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 9, 2008.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Bettinelli's move was especially surprising given that all the chatter was saying he wanted a starting spot - not the chance to fight for a starting spot that Fulham was offering. Now he'll be even further removed from a starting position in the #3 role, meaning he won't be in the lineup for most matches and may not even get a start. Another piece of evidence that "chatter" is mostly trash.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Did his dream include him riding the pine the entire time (except for maybe the Cantaloupe Cup) ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Wow. Six years ago already. I remember when I thought this kid was the next big thing.

15:44 ROBERTS LEAVES ON LOAN

Patrick Roberts is set to join Manchester City’s sister club Troyes on a season-long loan.

The deal will take him up to the end of his current City contract and be his sixth loan since moving to the Etihad from Fulham.​

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Like Sess, he got the curse of signing with a big money club with all it's attention on European trophies. Had he gone to a club like Crystal Palace or Wolves, he'd gotten more matches and felt part of an actual team.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

I cannot verify this at the moment, but I feel like he also met some "homegrown" quotient for City at the time. Oh well...

BarryWhite likes this.
  6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

This one is for @HatterDon
    His boy Cauley hit a peach of a free kick to get Barnsley a draw with Stoke (along with some magical goalkeeping too). Feel free to watch the rest of the highlights to see a missed PK and FOUR red cards! (Well, only one was given to a field player but still that's a lot of reds)

BarryWhite likes this.
  7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thanks for this
    I'm guessing that Barnsley's MOtM is their keeper

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

The EFL Cup match between Manchester City and West Ham had an interesting pairing of goalkeepers for those of us in this forum - US goalkeeper Zack Steffen and former Fulham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola. Both played well in a scoreless draw that went to PK's, but Areola had a particularly good night weathering over 20 shots from City. Steffen managed to get hands on two different shots in PK's but it was never enough to keep the balls out of the net. Foden's wide shot on the first PK meant Areola and West Ham celebrated knocking out City and preventing them from winning a fifth straight EFL Cup.

HatterDon, SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.