FSC Super Saturday

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Sep 9, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Just watched today's version. The recurring theme was how "Americans are taking over the EPL." Only one of today's matches was not featured. That was also the only match where the names of the goalscorers weren't mentioned. Which match?

Why the only one that featured goals by two Americans. First we're ignored on the EPL Preview and Review shows, and now on Super Saturday.

As we used to say in the military, FSC can eat my shorts! :3d tongue:

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My only explanation would be that they are not going to show the highlights as it was being shown on another channel. Although that would be thrown out the window when the score was shown on the bottom line during the Tottenham-Manchester United match. Needless to say, I was pleased to see we won, but pissed that the score was even shown.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I am so glad I stayed away from the earlier matches. That was worth the wait, easily. You just have to do other things if Fulham is the replay match. Thank you Setanta for the replay. I had a hell of a good time watching it with my Newcastle loving mate. He had the back & whites on, I had the baby blues, circa dabs.

Great toothy grin in your FUSA shirt, Mad Hatter!!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'll tell you what, I'm sick of the media ignoring us but its nothing new. What we really should do, and I mean it, is email the Poooper Saturday show and let them know that we are disgusted with this lack of support.

this is our team,we are supporters (not just fans) and we should make some noise when we are unhappy. They'll listen in the end...

Regardless, I'm happy to collect 3 points with such an effort.

Come on Fulham.

5. K.Snyder

K.Snyder New Member

FSC sucks...They need to start showing more Fulham games...

6. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

Seriously-- I have a "Digital Sports Package" specifically so I can get FSC. Don't care about the other channels. I was fairly happy last year, but now that Setanta is in on it, I have to drive 20 minutes to a totally different neighborhood in the city if I ever want to see Fulham play!

Plus, FSC often does a spectacular job of ignoring Fulham games during highlight shows, unless they played a "big" team.

I really don't want to shell out for Setanta, so I have been bummed.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It might be selective awareness, but it does seem that FSC showed Fulham on numerous occasions last year vs. this season. I was stuck watching Villa and Spam this morning. My main complaint aside from the game not being on (not sure how much control FSC has in those matters) is the fact they don't have a scoreboard scroll, how difficult could it be??

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, they can't really do a scoreboard scroll, because they are showing a tape delayed match. Also, FSC do 4 premiership games a weekend. Sooner or later they'll be coming back to us. We did have a month -- October? -- when most of our matches were shown.

Still too cheap to shell out for Santana [or whatever], so I'm hoping we'll come back to FSC soon.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

They used to have a scoreboard, but people complained because they were showing scores from other leagues when those games were going to be showed on other channels. FSC has turned into a pretty boring channel. I mean they have only 1 top-class league shown and even then they miss out on some big games in that league. They are too American for my liking. Like who cares about High School footy? Seriously now there really is only 2 top quality channles for football GolTV and Setanta the rest suck.