Fox omits Paul from debate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 30, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

2. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

With the amount of support he has, regardless of what anyone may think of him, that decision is indefensible. Fair and balanced my ass.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Orders from the RNC, no doubt. It can't have been a TV executive division, because Paul's presence would guarantee that a huge segment of a non-Fox demographic would be tuning in. Good ratings/good advertising rates. That's what happens when a TV network serves as the propaganda wing of a political party.

4. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

5. pettyfog

Aw sh%t.. you rooned Don's meme!

I was gonna say that maybe Olbermann or the other loudmouth at MSDNC would give RP airtime.

6. krhimself

krhimself New Member

7. pettyfog

Aw, crap!

This is totally stupid, if true. Believe me... I have a healthy appreciation of the power of the net, and though I think just about EVERY RP supporter is vocal on the net forums {thus his support is overstated}, things like this only serve to increase support for Paul.

I read political blogs only once in a while until Rathergate and look what happened there.

Paul is the ONLY significant candidate in either party that I dont trust to rise to the gravitas of the office if he's elected.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

upon further review ... what I said :x

"Fox News continues to be a propagandist for this war." -- RP

what he said :oops:

9. pettyfog

10. pettyfog

Paul Out: Both fox AND ABC

According to CNN

Now the quandary. Paul support is NO DOUBT higher than shown in those polls. But how are we or anyone else to know how much higher? Those polls are taken by phone contacting registered voters, right?
    Paul supporters are highly likely to NOT have landlines OR be registered.

Paulians 'neat tricks' of net spamming and crashing any blog poll or comments on any post mentioning Paul has had the opposite effect they wanted. No one knows EXACTLY what his support is.

I commented on this earlier and was brushed off. I was pretty close to the mark, though, now we're seeing the result of being 'too clever by half'.

Nothing in the way of 'wishin and hopin' is gonna change that.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sorry, I was away. Just when was Ron Paul a racist and bigot? I know how you hate the word "racist" to be thrown around. Proof, please?

12. pettyfog

Thought that would get attention.... it was 'for effect' of course.

But it's what I think of when I hear 'not worth one drop of US blood.'

Anyway.. more on it - NH GOP aint happy, either

I'm thinking Fox is going to change their tune.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Thanks; now I understand. People who think that the War with Iraq was unnecessary to start and serves primarily to enrich war profiteers, erode civil liberties, make our country less safe, and bankrupt our nation are:

1. emboldening the terrorists,
    2. hurting our troops in the field, AND
    3. racists and bigots.

Let me know if there's anything I left out. And don't worry about the fact that #3 is "way out there." So are numbers 1 and 2.

14. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NWS&t=5d

Although I dont attribute the direction of the stock to RP supporters effort to "do damage" to Rupert. It is interesting to note that since they made that announcement on who the "front runners" are and served up many dishes of reason why they didnt invite him.

1) He didnt poll nationally in double digits... (depends on what poll, some have him at 13%, they must using the +/-, but if they were, then only two candidates would qualify)

2) He isnt a mainstream candidate... (funny, all the other networks seem to think so)

3) Its their right to do so.

4) He didnt fit in the sound stage / converted trailer... so they only invited those who fit.

5) Choose all or some of the above to suit

I heard that if he places in a close 4th or 3rd overall they are going to boot Fred, who is taking a nap right now, because he plans to stick around til SC and that is only if he places 3rd or higher.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and, in my automotive, non-scientific poll, after driving over 35 miles during "lunch" on San Antonio streets in residential, commercial, and mixed areas, I saw:

6 signs for Ron Paul
    0 signs for any other Republican
    0 signs for any Democrat

The fact that our primary doesn't occur until -- effectively -- after all decisions are made, my interpretation of all the Ron Paul signage, billboards, etc. in the city is that they're being used to generate contributions. It's working, guys.