Formula 1 returns!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Spencer, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Well not sure if anyone else cares besides Rumstove but Formula One season opens up tomorrow in Oz.

Australian Grand Prix
    10.30ET
    Speed Channel

I'm still a bit distraught that my favorite driver, Montoya, realizing he couldn't cut it with the real men any longer jumped ship to NASCAR at the tail end of last season. Now I'll probably end up pulling for old stand by David Coultard, rookie and first ever black driver Lewis Hamilton, and of course struggling yank Scott Speed. But its a clean slate now, I've never known a F1 without Montoya so you never know who might stick out and appeal to me.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Did you see Hamilton's drive in qualifying? He is P4. Fantastic start to a career.

3. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 5802.shtml

Well Raikkonen walked away with it in his Ferrari debut. Lewis Hamilton stunningly grabed a podium in his first ever race at a track he'd never seen in his life let alone driven a F1 car on until this weekend. Incredible!

For some prespective on that; Jenson Button, Britans most promising young driver until now, didn't score his first podium until his 69th Grand Prix.

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

It's about time the Brits had a driver they could pin some hope on. The last was Nigel Mansell (I don't count Hill, he had a well known dad and the best car).

I have not watched the race yet as I am busy watching the cricket but I will try and catch the highlights tonight.

It is a really good start to a career.

5. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Hamilton is on top of the points after 4 GPs. Wow...I didn't expect that. To be honest I thought McLaren would have the same reliability problems as last season, but so far they're outstanding.

And I'm with Spencer...still feeling 'blah' that Montoya left for NASCAR. booo.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

So, it doesnt bother me that montoya got tired of being 'almost there' and came over to the 'turn left' bunch... after all look how he's leading the NASCAR points race in the 'lesser league'
    whazzat? Oh...never mind.