Footy Mags

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by general125, Jul 25, 2009.

1. general125

general125 New Member

Does anyone subscribe to any Football magazines? I like reading some of the on-line mags like "When Saturday Comes" or "FourFourTwo," but none of them seem to really cover Fulham. Also their international rates are pretty expensive. I'm currently stationed in Iraq and get to see when Team USA playes, but other than that I'm pretty soccer-starved since I wasn't able to aquire a BFBS receiver in Basra before the Brits left.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi General,

There are few footie mags in the UK as most people get their news from the gutter press. Those that do exist rarely cover Fulham or the smaller clubs. Usually "The Sun" is the best UK paper for football gossip and is usually quite accurate - which is a surprise as they are rarely accurate with actual news! Apart from that the BBC website and the BBC gossip column collates football news.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

World Soccer Magazine is the best I've ever read without question. It is not full of the gratuitous, mind-numbing blather that you find in 4-4-2, and it has contributors throughout the world who many consider some of the best in the business (like Paul Gardner from the States). It is, however, over $100.00 a year to subscribe. Worth it if you can manage.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/

4. general125

general125 New Member

Re: RE: Footy Mags

$100 is....wow

5. BC

BC New Member

RE: Re: RE: Footy Mags

I just check and it is on sale for $75. It's bad when $75 is the sale price.