Florida Election Part Deux

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFCinPCB, Dec 7, 2006.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

You really have to question what is wrong with putting a cross on a bit of paper and posting it into a sealed box. It may take a little longer to count, but, by heck, it would solve a lot of issues.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I agree. I was all for technology, but then it became apparent that the technologically advanced version was more subject to fraud than the old way. Here again, the obvious answer confused by too many people thinking too much.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I voted by putting a mark on a lot of boxes on an ordianry printed sheet of paper , then feeding it -myself- into a machine, then putting the sheet into a locked box.

Best of all worlds, faster than a punch card, because of orientation probs with the butterfly pages.

- - - - -- - - - - -
    I could'a swore I replied to this..

PLEASE hold the election over.. let the Dems pay for it, as it's them wants it.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Much of this would be solved if we had a law that said that election results could not be announced or relased to the press until 24 hours AFTER the last poll closed in Hawaii. That would give everyone plenty of time to count their PAPER ballots. That would also eliminate the possibility of someone in the western regions feeling that "it's all over" and why drive in the rain through the polling places.

Inauguration isn't until January; why do we have to declare a winner 2 hours after the polls close in NYC? For television!

GBFC, side note: remember the "swingometer" in the elections in the 70's. Now THAT was technology that was entertaining!

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The aim has to be; never to have a situation where technology brings into question the democratic process. Florida has underminded confidence in the process - perhaps it is time for international monitoring?;)

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

That ... sorry to say... is a joke Jimmy Carter has proved that.

That's something else for the UN to screw up, rather have just one level of responsibility.