Five Myths About Klinsmann's Coaching Debunked

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by BarryWhite, Jun 23, 2014.

1. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Five Myths About Klinsman's Coaching Debunked

From Soccerly.com

If you haven't visited the site I will recommend their content.

by Simon Evans on Jun.23.2014

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Those are interesting points that I dare not comment upon again, but thanks for sharing as that's a good read. He's not the idiot at the cupboard. But the match against Germany will tell the tale.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Worthy of a :text-bump: Considering all the factors going into today (less rest than Germany, having to play in Manuas on Sunday, Jozy's continued injury, shock ending to last match) JK got a pretty gritty performance out of the squad, and deservingly we are through. Who didn't see Omar in the starting lineup and was fearing the worst? Omar had a terrific match and made JK look good for trusting him. Will he have the team ready to go to put in a better performance on Tuesday? You better believe it.

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

The Belgians better be ready because I believe the US is going to come out guns blazing and JK won't care that the Belgians pretty much have an "all star" team for their squad. If there's any "top side" that the US can go blow to blow with, I'd say Belgium is one of those sides - they've not looked dominant and I'd gladly lose the pool if the US knocked them out.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

There's a difference between this WC squad and others I have seen -- I only go back to 1990, by the way. In the past we've been fit, well-organized, and uneven in terms of big-time experience. This summer, there's a distinct feeling that IF WE PLAY WELL we're a threat to anyone. Well, anyone who isn't Brazil. It's going to be hard for anyone to beat 11 players and three officials and that's what it's going to take to beat Brazil.

With or without Jozy, with or without Bradley, if we play well, I really don't fear anyone. This is new territory for me.