Fiesta Bowl forced to take Ohio State v Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 4, 2005.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

- Plain Dealer

Poor Fiesta Bowl, poor Tempe... they must be bawling their eyes out.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Notre Dame vs Ohio State is gonna be great! I can't wait for this one!! Piss on the Suckeyes!!! Go Irish!

3. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Another Irish fan....nice.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Fiesta Bowl forced to take Ohio State v Notre Dame

I am actually a Michigan fan. Therefore I enjoy seeing Ohio St. lose. I d not mind Notre Dame though. My grandpa went there and I am one of the few in my family who does not bleed blue and gold for the Irish.

5. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: Fiesta Bowl forced to take Ohio State v Notre Da

Heresy!

I ALWAYS root for the Big Ten in Bowl Games! Even Michigan... though with your ND connection, I can be magnanimous.. since ND's gonna get a whippin'.

Dunno how.. Ohio State's pretty average lookin' but it will not surprise me a bit.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Petty, the Ohio State-Notre Dame game looks to be a very good game. I just noticed that the game is being played On Monday, January 2nd at 3:30 Chicago time. I am lucky my company gave us the day off, or I would miss some of that. This is the bowl game I am most excited about. USC-Texas will be good, but I do not care for either of those teams.

7. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Oh dear...Fulham v Chelsea on Boxing day and then Notre dame v Ohio on the day after New Years day. I think its going to be very messy indeed - I bet order a new liver over the Internet now.

8. pettyfog

Tom, I must warn... I'm happy to see ND get back to where they are competitive.

So, after this season, I can start rooting -AGAIN- for whoever they are playing at the moment.

I Hate "America's Teams".. not for the fact; but for the hoopla and bandwagonish followers.

Sorta like ManUre and Chelsea, ya know?

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I hear you on hating "America's Teams." I am the same way for the most part. I usually pull for the underdogs. I have been watching a lot of Atlanta Hawks games lately. They stink, but I like to see teams develop and get better.

10. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fiesta Bowl forced to take Ohio State v Notr

I agree with you for the most part, but bandwagons happen whether you want them or not. People like to root for the underdog, ride them to the top, then tear them down when they feel the "dynasty" has run it's course. The current swing in support against the Patriots is just the current version of this story.

BTW, the Bengals are in the healthy stage of this cycle and are currently the popular bandwagon team at my company. Especially after knocking off the Steelers team that "everyone" loved last year. ESPNews spent quite a bit of time hyping them last night (Chad Johnson's comments helped, of course).

I know I get stick for rooting for the Cowboys, but I've followed them my whole life. I don't agree with all of their practices (Deion, lack of discipline, going after T.O.), but I supported them during the 70s, the fall in the 80s, and was rewarded in the 90s (when I was accused of being of being on the bandwagon). We cleaned off most of the jumpers earlier this decade. The team is too inconsistent to attract too much interest these days.

Every team has lifelong fans that aren't sell-outs...even the (ugh) Chelseas of the world.

Back on topic...I think OSU will beat ND in a close game. However, having a homegrown quarterback that was snubbed by OSU (Quinn) is sure to make it interesting. He has really matured and come into his own. ND won the two games in the 30s and OSU the two in the 90s...it should be a good rubber match! :wink: