FFC in NOLA

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Coach K, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Hey Folks,

I've been trying to connect with more Fulham fans for years, tried to join Fulham Texas, but go no response. So I'm just gonna let everyone know, you can find a very small group of Fulham fans down here in New Orleans at the greatest Irish Pub this side of Dublin, Finn McCools Pub on Banks Street in New Orleans.

If you're ever in town and want to check out FA cup action, EPL, or international football, come join us for a pint.

Looking forward to a positive start to the season and hopefully, we'll have something to cheer for in the Spring of 2016.

Come On You Whites!
    -Coach K

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Welcome sir! Love, love, love me some NOLA. Been there in '72, '84 and '12. Been interesting to see the metamorphosis each time. Hope I make it back down sooner rather than later. Will def check out Banks St. next time.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Coach K!! As a proud U of Arizona Wildcat alum your handle reminds me of some great memories (beating down the Dukies in the Sweet 16 by 20) and heartbreaking losses (championship final in the early Oughts).

Liking what that club is doing so far this window, so sharing your optimism. All viewpoints are welcome here, so feel free to share your opinions.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Senator, it seems we had a Louisiana based Fulham supporter not all that long ago. Ring a bell with you?

By the way, welcome Coach K. My father was born in NOLA and I have relatives all over the state [it's the only state where my last name is relatively common.]

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Senator, it seems we had a Louisiana based Fulham supporter not all that long ago. Ring a bell with you?

By the way, welcome Coach K. My father was born in NOLA and I have relatives all over the state [it's the only state where my last name is relatively common.]

6. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Isn't Finn McCools a gooner pub?

I was down in NOLA last year for jazz fest and was looking for a place to catch Fulham's match. I think that was the place I had planned on going to but, after going to bed at 4am, I found it hard to motivate for a 9am match.

7. tim

tim Active Member

Welcome aboard! Had a fantastic time on my one visit to NOLA and am anxious to get back some day.

8. Coach K

Coach K Active Member

Thanks Y'all,

I work with a lot of inner-city youth players here in Nola, with the youth soccer project, http://www.ylckicks.org/ though I'm no Krzyzewski, I found Coach K is much easier for all parties involved. One of the reasons I joined up with Fulham USA, is to find ways to connect with the club and Sahid Kahn, in hopes they get with the program and create more youth connections here in the growing soccer landscape in the US.

As far as other FFC supporters here in New Orleans, I'm sure there are around, but its usually just the two of us at Finns.

Finn McCools is absolutely not a Gooner bar, but they sure like to think it is. In fact its an amazing soccer spot and you can find plenty of seats next to Sheffield Wednesday fans on a Wednesday afternoon or standing room only for a Manchester clash. The owners are pure class and very supportive of our community. Its always a great time at Finns, so check them out next time you are in the Crescent City.

I've got a question for yall? Where do you buy an updated Fulham kit? I'm waiting to see if the new kit is worth the $$$, but the exchange rate and shipping from the UK makes it tough, do we have any other options?