FA Cup 3rd Round vs Rotherham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by astroevan, Jan 4, 2024.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Round 3 of the FA Cup visits the Cottage tomorrow at 14:30 EST and will be aired on ESPN+. Fulham host Rotherham - who are bottom of the table in the Championship and only have 1 win in their last 14 matches (6 draws, 7 losses).

On paper, it’s easy street for Fulham. Though past cup competitions have proven difficult for the Cottagers at times (remember Crawley Town?). I have a feeling there will be lineup changes en masse. But Luke Harris will not be there due to his loan move to Exeter City. Of the under 21s, I think it’s likely to see De Fougerolles and Dibley-Dias at least get spots on the bench.

Here’s hoping for two successful cup matches over the next week.

2. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I vote for a win and no injuries. If I can't have the win then just no injuries is fine. I need to avoid the score until about 8 tomorrow so I can watch. Wish me luck.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

Good luck, stlouisbrad. No injuries is a great cause to cross our fingers for. I don't think Marco will ever let a Crawley Town-type debacle repeat, but I also expect a few of the U21s to make an appearance.

I'm curious how my lineup predictions will play out. Bassey, Iwobi, and Ballo-Toure are out at Afcon. Robinson has a ridiculous number of miles in his legs. Ream and Traore still hurt. Willian just came back. We're working on moving out Vinicius (permanent) and Lukic (loan). So...

We may see Parkes start on the left--he's already made the bench once or twice in the Prem. I'd say De Fougerolles is likely to start, too, and that means someone more experienced between him and Parkes, perhaps Diop, even if he's right-footed. Tete on the right.

Reed, Pereira, and Dibley-Dias in the middle. Up front, Wilson, Muniz, and Bobby.

A few U21s on the bench.

(Don't take this prediction to the bookies.)

SoCalJoe and astroevan like this.
  4. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Far more of a first team lineup than I expected. With that lineup, I certainly didn’t think I’d get a two hour nap but that’s what happened. Zzzzz

SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  5. daddude7

I was wrong but only by 3 (Castagne, Lukic, Tosin). It's annoying how this team is allergic to taking an occasional potshot, but we're through with minimal effort and no injuries. Check.

nevzter likes this.
  6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I was also surprised by the number of first team players, but I guessed Silva figured with just under a week until Liverpool he could put out a strong team. Most importantly no injuries!

For some reason ESPN has declined to produce highlights for Fulham in the FA Cup like they did for the early rounds of the EFL cup so we only get these shorter ones. But based on what @astroevan said longer highlights might just put us to sleep.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham has drawn Newcastle at Craven Cottage for the next round of the FA Cup. It will be one of four all-Premier League matchups with another two possible depending on the results of replays.

9. daddude7

Newcastle at Craven Cottage is a compelling proposition. I think we'll have Bassey and Iwobi back by then.