Everton v Fulham: FA Cup 4th Round

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sfm, Jan 8, 2012.

1. sfm

sfm Member

To be played 28 or 29 January

2. tim

tim Active Member

Not a good draw for us. Although I think it's fair to say we'll get some TV coverage for that one. How many Landon vs. Clint stories pop up between now and then?

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Dempsey vs Donovan/Howard.....this makes me more than slightly giddy.

Now for some pointless stats:

Fulham will be playing Everton in the FA Cup for the first time since 2003-04 in the fourth round (first game was 1-1 draw at Goodison, with Fulham winning at Loftus Road 2-1 in the replay).

Fulham has never lost to Everton in the FA Cup in four Cups (three draws and four wins).

The last time Fulham beat Everton at Goodison Park, 1974-75 fifth round, Fulham made it all the way to the final at Wembley.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

One too many.

I think it's an ok draw. Definitely would have been better to be playing them at home versus away, but I like our squad more than theirs. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

5. tim

tim Active Member

I suppose it could be worse. But with a number of lower tier clubs still in the mix, away to another top flight side is less than ideal.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

It will be a competitive game but we had a chance at much easlier draws, including my preference Watford away. Fulham hasn't won at Everton in the League in like 50+ years but, as pointed out by many English fans, we had to win there on our way to the final in 1975.

For us, it's a chance to see Clint versus Landon. I would hate to lose at Everton but really would hate for Landon to be playing as well...

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

May get TV coverage, but does anybody besides me think it'll be overshadowed by the ManUre/Scousers brouhaha?

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I agree - it's a tough draw, but the Landon/Howard v. Dempsey aspect is awesome. I wanna see Demps score on Howard.

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Me too. And if Moyes decides to rest Howard, it'll be Hahnemann in goal will it not?

10. tim

tim Active Member

This match is now just four days away, and I still can't find any word of TV coverage. Is it possible a match featuring Dempsey, Donovan, and Howard (or Hahnemann) will not be shown?

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Not in the US, unfortunately. Might be able to find a stream on game day.

12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Friggin' Watford is being shown instead of Fulham on FSC. Seriously. Here's to the Deer Hunter for that one: :sad-roulette:

I'm upset that such a match can't be viewed live on TV stateside. Bollocks.

13. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Here is what I can find is on TV or on official online streams:

Friday, January 27:

FA Cup 4th round, Watford v Tottenham, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv

Saturday, January 28:

FA Cup 4th round, QPR v Chelsea, 7am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
    FA Cup 4th round, Liverpool v Manchester United, 7:30am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after 10am from foxsoccer.tv)
    FA Cup 4th round, Derby County v Stoke City, 10am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after 12pm from foxsoccer.tv)
    FA Cup 4th round, Leicester City v Swindon, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
    FA Cup 4th round, Brighton v Newcastle, 12:15pm, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after 2pm from foxsoccer.tv)

Sunday, January 29:

FA Cup 4th round, Sunderland v Middlesbrough, 8:30am, FOX Soccer Plus/foxsoccer.tv
    FA Cup 4th round, Arsenal v Aston Villa, 11am, FOX Soccer/FOX Deportes (available after 1pm from foxsoccer.tv)

I think it was Rich over at CCN, but he had a good post venting why the British TV and the FA have dropped the ball with coverage of the FA Cup and uses an example of how the NCAA and CBS have all the games on TV somewhere as well as streaming online for free. I know I would be interested in random FA Cup matches between lower level teams who I don't normally get the chance to see.

14. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Wow I didnt even check because I just assumed it would be on TV. That's pretty disappointing.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, it will probably help the chat room numbers. GJ and the chat room, ah the good ole days of yore.

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Let's see; 16 away matches in all competitions (not including the Europa qualifying) and a not so sterling record of 2 wins, 8 losses, and 6 draws. Throw in that it's at Goodison, where the club hasn't won at since 1975 and .....

A few facts from 1975
    • Gerald Ford was the President
    • "Mandy" by Barry Manilow was the #1 song in Jan of '75
    • The Pet Rock was the fad of the year (April 75)
    • Jaws would be the #1 at the box office (released June of '75) :character-jaws:

a 2-1 win for the Mighty Whites :shock:

17. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Grant Wahl is twittering that Everton has given FOX permission to use the live feed of the match. He says that means it will likely be online - dont know if that means streams or Foxsoccertv.

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I believe that means both. :mrgreen:

However, I am not seeing it listed on the foxsoccer.tv page yet. Probably just haven't updated it yet.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

20. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Fox finally came to their senses:

FOX Soccer has made special arrangements to televise a live broadcast of Friday’s FA Cup match between Everton and Fulham, which will possibly feature Clint Dempsey playing against Landon Donovan for the first time since 2006.

http://www.epltalk.com/fox-soccer-to-ai ... psey-38929